Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Magnolia?

Cool Magnolia?

juggling around my lists & thinking of adding back former list-maker Magnolia. i'm from Mississippi (live in Virginia now), so i think that'd be a nod to where i came from. we have a Margaret NN Maggie in the family, so that NN couldn't be used. i like Noli. anything else? thoughts on the name?

cma. furmom. music junkie. hippy. name nerd.

I think it's cute because of the association with where you're from. And it's def different, but nothing too crazy. Noli is cute, I do like the nn Maggie too.

I mean it is a really nice name so I would use it.

I like the name Nola and was looking for a longer form of it and Magnolia was one of the options suggested.
    The only thing with Nola is that (as one poster put it) it is fine as a name anywhere but New Orleans (nola) as due to the being the namesake of the town it is the most generic dog name there.
    So seeing as you live close to the Mississippi I mightn't use it, but it is a good nickname.

Maybe Ollie or even Leah (Lia)

haha yeah, growing up so close to New Orleans 'Nola' is 100% New Orleans to me! thanks for the suggestions!

cma. furmom. music junkie. hippy. name nerd.

Howdy ; )

I love Magnolia she feels really sugary and southern, which is a total nod to where your from, as in my head, Mississippi is all sweet and sugary. Furthermore the 'Maggie' nickname is a odd to the family member Margaret 'Maggie'. I also love the nickname Nola for Magnolia but not sure on Noli feels a little odd. Magnolia is a lovely choice.