Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

tentative boys' list

I've mentioned before how hard i find boy names, but i think I'm starting to make some progress. Wdyt of these individually and as a sib-set?

Firsts:
    Philo (rhymes with Milo)
    Oswald or Oswin. I can't decide which i like better of the two.
    Asa

Middles:
    Prosper
    Noble
    Solace

Thoughts, suggestions?
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Philo : I like the familiar, but different sound of this one. I've actually never heard it before.
    Oswin : This sounds much better with Philo and Asa instead of Oswald. Besides, Oswald makes me think of the blue Octopus.
    Asa : Not my favorite, but it's soft and short, balancing out the other two names.

I think they work well as a sibset. I would introduce them like "These are my darlings Philo, Asa, and Oswin."

Not crazy about these middles, but I would put them together like so:
    Philo Solace
    Asa Noble
    Oswin Prosper

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Let's get the bad out of the way first: Philo makes me think of bread dough, and Oswald makes me think of Lee Harvey, so those aren't so great for me.

Asa is sophisticated and Oswin, while unusual, comes with a great nn: Oz.

Of your middles, I like Noble the best.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Just gonna be upfront: Philo sounds like a dogs name and on Oswald I have to agree with pp about Lee Harvey.

Asa is a very nice strong and gentlemanly name. It was my great grandfather's name. It's also religious if that's a plus for you.

Not a fan of Prosper or Solace. But Noble's alright. Asa Noble is cute
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

I know Philo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it has a bit of sentimental value to me. (For the record, the pastry dough called Phyllo is pronounced fee-low).

I like Oswin, but it almost feels too fangirly, as I'm a doctor who fan. I've always loved the name Oswald...so much that i actually had a cat i named that as a kid. I'm not really concerned about the Lee Harvey Oswald connection, and i don't have TV so my future kids won't even know about the blue octopus connection.

The middles are just ones i like. My girls list has middles that honor family, and i wanted boy middles that did the same without having to use some rather unattractive family names. I also like Makepeace and Hopestill for middles.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.