Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I agree with pp's Guinevere is the way to go! How do you want it pronounced? I pronounce it Guin (like Quinn) not Gwen. Is that the problem with the name?
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

I think people will assume you didn't know how to spell the name if you went with your DH's spelling.

Nickname spellings often have very little to do with the actual name. How else can you explain Jack for John or Bill for William, or even Betty or Lizzie for Elizabeth... Seriously.

Sure, it'll be mispronounced when she orders a pizza, or at her first interview; but people catch on pronunciations pretty quick, and it's better have the correct spelling then to just pick the more convenient route (besides, Guinevere is so pretty!). And I actually think Guinevere looks both more feminine and less strange than Gwenevere : ) It goes great with Elizabeth and Annabelle, too.

P.S. As the previous poster mentioned, nicknames often have little or nothing to do with given names. Jack out of John is a great example, and who thought of Peggy from Margaret? So Gwen from Guinevere is fine : )
    Last edited by chrisco; August 25th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Damian Ignatius-Jude Christian-Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic

Caia Madeleine-Fleur Louisiana-Genevieve Azélie

Reine-Isabeau-Nouvel-Johanna-William-Boden-Rafe-Philip-Julien

Definitely Guinevere!

I wouldn't compromise on the spelling. Gwenevere looks like the person naming the child didn't know the correct spelling. There's no reason why you can't get the nickname Gwen from the Guinevere spelling. Lots of nicknames don't derive perfectly from their formal name. I'd be surprised if many people had trouble pronouncing Guinevere. It's not a commonly given name but it's recognizable.

I'm excited to hear about someone possibly using Guinevere as a first name. I love it.