Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Did you wait to name your child?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I waited until I met him/her

10 22.73%
  • I decided on a firm name before birth

30 68.18%
  • I have done both with different children

4 9.09%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What have you done?

Have you waited until meeting the baby in person before donning him/her with a name? Or have you decided on a firm name before birth?

I have always picked names before, but have always had a backup in mind just in case they didn't "fit" once we met the baby.

I always think it's best to have two or three favourite names for each gender to take to the hospital with you and make a final decision upon meeting the baby. The baby may "look" like one name or even none of them (hopefully, that doesn't happen ). Parents get so stressed out about naming a child but I think most countries do give parents a certain period of time before they have to register the birth. If you still aren't sure at the hospital, bring the baby home without a name and try some of them out for a couple of days as you get to know him or her. One may "feel" right after you become aware of the baby's personality.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I've never named a child before his/her birth. In fact, hubby and I have never even discussed names before at least a day after baby was born!

I aggree with what @ mischa says. Imo the better is to wait and see what the baby looks like. I suppose i'am lucky because I will have a few months or so after the baby is born to decide for his/her name ( until it baptized I will not call it by his/her name only by Bebie or beba. )

Edit : by accident I choose the wrong option lol
    "And so, being young and dipt in folly. I fell in love with melancholy,."

Vasiliki, 19
    Bad taste in everything
    Edith Charlotte Mary 'Echo', Isabella Emmeline Cora 'Laleh', Anne Leopoldine Françoise 'Apple'
    Casimir Atticus Jackson 'Caro', Alexander Harley Wolfgang 'Axl'