Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

is Jeremy too dated?

The only Jeremy i know is 19 years old, but i do like this name, and i love the nn potential of Jem.

What do you think of Jeremy? Is Jem on its own more usable? Is there an alternative first?
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Jeremy peaked in 1977 as the 15th most popular. As of last year it was 152nd. Jeremiah is increasing in popularity and is much more common (52nd most popular). Jem could still be a nickname. James might be an alternative first name with the nickname Jem. I think any of these are useable today!

With the nickname Jem, I prefer James as a given name.

Jeremy is definitely still usable today. It is a bit dated but it's still fairly popular, too. I agree that Jeremiah might be a better alternative to Jeremy.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Oooh, I've been crushing on Jeremy lately, especially with nn Jem. I do worry, though, about possible datedness and nns Jerry and Jez (urgh). But I think if he was called Jem regularly, then it could work really really well. Pondering Jeremy nn Jem for my own list.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

I don't think it's too dated to use. I know a teenage Jeremy and it suits him perfectly, nn Jem is lovely but I don't like nn Jerry, that is dated. Jez sounds a bit chavvy to me, so I wouldn't use that either. There's also nn Remy which isn't really my style but is equally as valid as a nickname.. I'd love to meet a little Jeremy.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George