Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Penelope Claire Shay & Wilhelmina Joy Shay (but I'm cheating... Taylor & Natalie Hanson has two daughters named Penelope & Wilhelmina; Penny & Willa & she blogged about naming her children here on NB I only contributed the "Joy")

To go with Penelope Claire, how about:
    Gwendolyn Shay
    Vivienne or Viviana Shay
    Eliana
    Veronica
    Arabella
    Felicity
    Beatrice
    Juliana
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Thanks for the quick replies! Forgot to mention, my husband loathes nicknames as real names, so if we were to name our child something, we have to use the full name. Also, I love Alice, but I think the ssss sound at the end runs into the Sh sound of Shay and doesn't really work. We have also been discussing Annabel and Olivia for quite sometime, and they seem no brainer choices, but for some reason we remain on the fence about them both. I will also almost certainly give the baby a nickname, Penelope is Penny. One of the reasons I don't like Elizabeth is because I hate Liz as a nickname. I'm not opposed to using the full name, but I'm Australian, and people give you a nickname whether you like it or not.

With Elizabeth, there are lots of nn options, and if your baby already has one, others won't re-nickname her Liz, would they?

Libby is super cute for Elizabeth and there's always Beth, Lilibet, Ellie, Elsie, Bessie, Betty...
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Yes, I was just using Elizabeth as an example. However it's a name I forgot to add to my cannot use list. My biggest problem is trying to convince my husband of ANY names! He has his heart set on old lady names. :wink:

Mom to:
    Beatrice Rose (Bea)
    Sylvia Alice (Sylvie)

If we have a third child one day:
    Charlotte (Lottie), Emma, Isadora, Claire, Nora, Clementine, Lucy, Eleanor, Camille, Elodie, Vivian, Briony
    Felix, Bennett, Oliver, James, Leo, Benjamin, Henry, Jack, Vincent, Simon, Alexander