Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Not a stupid question at all!
    I think Eleanor is lovely, and I love the nn's Ellie and Nora :]

Thanks so much everyone! You're all very kind I'm loving Eleanor more and more!

You could also search for names with meanings that align to something that is important to you ex:
    Life = Zoe
    Wisdom = Sophie/Sofia/etc.
    Traveller = Beatrix
    Gift of G-d = Dorothy
    Pure = Katherine
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

You could also consider using birthdays of important people as inspiration. For example I love the name June for the month my mom was born, but I also like Pearl which is her birthstone. And my grandma and I were both born in August, and Poppy is the August flower. (There are charts of all that kind of stuff by month if you google it!)
    Ladies: Harriet "Hattie," June, Pearl, Thora, Camille "Millie," Freja
    Gents: Viggo, Ansel, Soren, Bram, Johannes, Lars

I agree that Eleanor is lovely! You might even consider the Elinor spelling? That way, it contains the same letters in Neroli, just rearranged?

I usually take inspiration from family, my faith/religion, and my love of literature (Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare, etc.!). Also ideas and things that I love, or names that somehow remind me of something that's been meaningful to me. For example, I took Koine (ancient) Greek my freshman year of college, and Σοφíα (Sofia) and ζωη (Zoe) were two of the first words I learned. And I'm especially loving Cosima lately--I love that it reminds me of the cosmos and the stars. When I was a teenager I had very few friends and felt quite alone, and really the only friend I had was God. I remembered looking up at the stars and just knowing He was there, and the stars always seemed to bring me closer to Him. So I am really drawn to that lately. I love Aurora because of its meaning, "dawn", and I like the idea of passing down to my children that no matter what they do, they can always start again, and each day is a new day with a fresh start. I have struggled with clinical depression, so it's a very important message for me to pass down. Things like that. I just look for names I like, and search for a deeper connection, really. Sometimes I'll go looking for a nationality, like Welsh or Polish, because I have a slight obsession with Polish names, and I am part Welsh, but usually the names will just appeal to me on some level, and I'll discover a connection I really love with it.

Good luck!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus