Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Getting to "Amy"

I have always loved the name Amy, and hopefully that will be the nickname of my someday-future daughter. However, I prefer slightly longer names (2-3 syllables), and I have a short list of names that I think can be shortened to Amy:

Amara
    Amelia
    Amelie
    Amethyst
    Amira
    Amity

What do you guys think? My concerns with the names on here are that Amethyst is too out-there, Amelia is too popular, and Amelie will have to spend her entire life explaining "No, not Emily..." Are there any other names that could be shortened to Amy?

Thank you so much for all of your opinions!

Amica, or Amata? Amy itself is lovely, and could be used formally, I think.

Amaryllis...America...or you could give her a name w/initials AMY (Alexandra Melisande Yvonna).

I saw a girl named Amybeth once, and I thought that was super cute.

Amelia- I do like this, really. Its a feminine name but with a strong connotation to heroism.
    Amaranthia
    Amabel
    Amberly- I love this; Its like putting Everly and Amber together.
    Amerys
    Ameline
    Amilyn
    Aimee- Very cool.
    Amery
    Amity- Super cute! Its not too out there, being that its a Virtue name.
    Amoree
    Amita
    Amika
    Jessamy

Remember, the A's can be pronounced Ah instead of Ay, and may not make sense with the nickname Amy.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I like Amberly..
    Amelia - too poplar
    Amelie - everyone will hear Emily
    Amity - she will never live down the association of Amityville Horror