Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on the name Ember Raine Conner?

My husband and I actually agree on Ember after 8 months of searching for a name we both like. He wants "Raine" as her middle name after his grandfather. Opinions? Too hippie when put together?
    Last edited by rachellynn; August 24th, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

It strangely reminds me of that viral song "Chocolate Rain" (popularized on Tosh.0)... it almost feels like a song or album title.

Ember paired with Raine is a little hippie for my tastes-- maybe if you softened it with a more traditional middle? Are there any others up for consideration?

but that's just me. I know how hard it is to agree on a name and I totally get wanting to honor your DH's grandfather.

I like Ember Elyse, or even Ember Rose. He's always wanted Raine as her middle name, and Ember just so happens to be the one name we've agreed on, but I feel like together it's very hippie. He doesn't mind it, because it's just a middle name. And for the most part, only family and friends will know her by that.
    Does it make any difference if it's spelled "Rayne" instead? I suggested this to him, but his grandfather spelled it "Raine", so that's how he wants it

I like Ember, but I don't like Raine. Personally, every girl I've ever known with a nature-ish first and middle name, Sunny Dawn, Stormy Raine, Misty Sunrise, etc., was a juvenile delinquent. It's just a strange observation.

It reminds me of Amber Rain :-( Sorry.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*