Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which name do you like best to go with sister, Nora Cathleen?

We're not pregnant yet, but we plan to be within a year and I want to start narrowing down my list now. I only have a few boy names, but a TON of girl names that I love. We currently have a 2.5 year old name Nora Cathleen who either goes by Nora or Nora Cate.

Here's my list. Help me narrow it down, please! (Note: Middle names are all to honor family so they're non-negotiable unless you find another middle name I've already listed that you think may work better. Also, possible nicknames are in parentheses.)

Margot Elizabeth (Maggie and maybe even Maggie Liz sometimes)
    Gwyneth Eliza (Gwen)
    Bronwen Elise (Bonnie)
    Carys Johanna (Cary)
    Mary Eliza or Mary Autumn (Mary)
    Josephine Maia (Josie)
    Johanna Eve (Jo)
    Zoe Anneliese
    Sylvie Johanna
    Elise Hanna
    Piper Johanna (perhaps sometimes called Piper Jo)
    Marnie Johanna
    Vivien Blaire (Vivi; Vivien is purposely spelled this way to honor my husband's grandmother who is OBSESSED with Vivien Leigh)
    Maeve Elizabeth
    Susanna Joan or Susanna Blaire (Zanna or Sookie)
    Daphne Johanna
    Greta Josephine
    Belinda Josephine (Bindi)
    Beatrice Autumn (Bea rhyming with Leah or Tris)
    Audrey Johanna
    Lydia Josephine (Lydie)

Also: I feel like I've scoured every girl name in existence and these are the ones I like AND would work with our personal situations, but if you really think there's a name that I maybe overlooked, you can suggest it; just make sure you also help me narrow down my above list. Our last name starts with the "El" sound and ends with 'T' so names containing 'el' are MOSTLY out (I pronounce Elise more as Uh-lees and Elizabeth and Eliza have enough syllables and sound very different from the rest of the syllables in our last name so they sound okay; my beloved Elowen does not. Unfortunately, other names I love like Stella or Annabel sound absolutely ridiculous. Same with Colette and Violet. :/)

Thanks for the help!
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).

Johanna Eve
    Josephine Maia
    Vivien Blair
    Susanna Blair

Keep in mind not everyone pronounces Elise like you do
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hil lary

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

Margot and Nora sound really sweet together and would be my top pick. Margot Elizabeth is nice, but I also like Margot Eve. Other names I like are Piper Johanna (Piper Jo and Norah Cate work well), Sylvie Joan and Carys Eve. Although I think if you were to call Carys - Cary, it would make more sense to name her Cary as the names are very different to me and Nora is short and sweet anyway . Same goes for Bronwyn-Bonnie.

Thanks and I know because of accents that people may pronounce Elise slightly differently, and in thinking about it, I actually pronounce it Eh-LEES. Either way, the first syllable is not very stressed so it doesn't sound bad with my last name.
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).

These are my favorites (in no particular order)

Margot Elizabeth (Maggie and maybe even Maggie Liz sometimes)
    Gwyneth Eliza (Gwen)
    Carys Johanna (Cary)
    Marnie Johanna
    Vivien Blaire
    Daphne Johanna