Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Books with amazingly named characters.

Berries, I've become picky. I won't read a book if it's characters are terribly named. I've run into a few with kre8ive spellings, even. Anyhow, can you recommend some books with exceptional names? I've read the Hunger Games and enjoyed Suzanne Collins' naming style. Oh, and Neil Gaiman is great too. I've read most of his works.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie a few months ago, which features a sib-set with Ophelia, Daphne, and Flavia. That one was a delight to read.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I still haven't read the Pendragon series, despite countless recommendations from friends, because the main character's name is Robert nn Bobby.

I read mostly YA, but here are some picks:

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray was an amazing read set in the Victorian era, so I was enthralled by the names.

The Gone series by Michael Grant has some well thought out names. The meanings fit the characters well.

Tamora Pierce is one of my favorite authors, and while many of her names may appear made up, they either actually do mean something/based on a name or have something to do with the world.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor heaven "lena" ~ vivienne ailsa ~ felicity emma "fay" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I enjoyed Gregor the Overlander, by Suzanne Collins. It's one of my favourite series, and I personally like it way more than the Hunger Games.
    Teen Berry and author
    My furry baby ~ Oliver Timothy James
    ~ Nora Ester Rose ~ Charlotte ~ Luna ~ Alice ~ Lillian ~ Elowen ~ Ella ~ Winter ~
    ~ Alexander Gideon Finnley ~ Henrik Fabian Chester ~ Edwin ~ Lucian ~ Remus ~ James ~ Nico ~

George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series has beautiful names both real and invented. My favourites are Cersei, Tyrion, Sansa, Loras, Olenna, Syrio, Thoros, Eddard, Rickon, Osha, Jojen, Renly.

And I recently read these books called Angelopolis that had excellent names. I don't remember them all but my favourite was Otterly.