Names Searched Right Now:

Question Thank you everyone...& has any one had a DNC?

hey everyone I appreciate all the good encouraging words it has been a tough week but I feel a little better. Monday I am having DNC. A little nervous what should i expect?
    Married my best friend 5/11/13, mommy to Murron Lydia Genevieve 10/20

Name crushes:
    Alice Hazel, Helena Faye,Cleora Beatrice,Gloria Charlotte, Sylvia Edith,Lior Inez
    Solomon Jace, Gideon Charles, Henry , Waylon, Arlo, Mordecai

I had a D&C after Em was stillborn, they took the remaining tissue out because it wasn't coming out on its own.

They brought me to the OR and put me under. I was out for about an hour and went home the next day (but you'll go home the same day, they only kept me overnight because I'd also given birth). Recovery was pretty easy, the hardest part for me was regaining my strength because I'd lost so much blood before my D&C and I had to have a transfusion.... but again, that's not something you should have to deal with. The whole thing was over fairly quickly.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Hi there,

Yes, I had a D&C after my mc back at the end of 2011. I don't remember all that much about it, I think because I was in such a haze of hormones and stress, but it was pretty straight-forward. Was only in the hospital for a few hours in the morning, the procedure itself takes no more than 30 minutes usually. I was knocked out completely for it (always what I prefer), then you wake up and go home. I remember some cramping after but nothing the painkillers couldn't handle. You'll pretty much sleep that day away and should rest as much as possible. My OB's recommendation to me at the time was take 2 weeks off of work so that's what I did - but that was more for the mental and emotional recovery than the physical I think. Overall it's a simple procedure that is highly unlikely to cause any complications or issues, just be sure to give yourself as much recovery time as you can. Take care!

ETA: Oh and I was thinking it's a given but just in case, yes you will have bleeding afterwards, just like a period. I can't remember how long mine lasted but at least a few days, if not longer.
    Last edited by cvdutch31; August 24th, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Thank you
    Married my best friend 5/11/13, mommy to Murron Lydia Genevieve 10/20

Name crushes:
    Alice Hazel, Helena Faye,Cleora Beatrice,Gloria Charlotte, Sylvia Edith,Lior Inez
    Solomon Jace, Gideon Charles, Henry , Waylon, Arlo, Mordecai

I just wrote a very detailed description of mine, but deleted it for fear of freaking you out unnecessarily. The main points minus the scary TMI detail: I was awake. It hurt veery intensely, but only very briefly-- I breathed through it. It was gross. I felt proud of myself and went out to lunch after, but suddenly got extraordinarily nauseous half way through it and had to run home.

You'll be fine. Just make sure to take it very easy afterwards. I recommend you buy yourself a cupcake or some other happy-making food for a couple hours afterwards, after the nausea, if that happens to you.