Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Stacking" baby names, in case you don't get to use the name for a later child

My husband and I are TTC, and I am going through a ton of naming ideas (don't know if will have a girl or boy obviously), but if we have a girl for instance, I'm feeling compelled to "stack" all my favorite names (first name, two middle names), but what if we have another girl down the road and I want to use one of those middle names as a first...does anyone else struggle with this?

For instance, if I had two girls, I would love to name them:

Lively Elisabeth
    Valentina Eve

But if I only have one girl (which I might, who knows?) I could name her Lively Valentina Eve or Lively Valentina Elisabeth, etc!

Maybe I can just hope for girl twins, ha ha!
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

I've never thought about this, but now that you bring it up, you have a good point... I don't have any favourite girls names right now, but what if I fall in love with two names one day? Hmm... I'll have to think some more about this.
    Alice. Marian. Juno. Branwen. Helena. Polly. Ophelia. Rosalind. Cosima. Matilda. Edith. Anna. Claudia. Frances.
    Arthur. Henry. Caspian. Stanley. Justice. Dexter. Edmund. Thomas. Nathaniel. Forest. Oscar. Lucian. Peter.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9782360
    http://listography.com/sapphires

Is that Lively, as in 'An action movie presents a lively entertainment option.'?

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    Is that Lively, as in 'An action movie presents a lively entertainment option.'?
    Ha ha, no My great grandmother was named Olivia, nn "Liv" - and Lively hits the nn requirements, and feels like a virtue name (love virtue names) without being too heavy handed (like Mercy, Charity etc); because a kid can have a lively imagination, lively eyes, or lively personality, so it works for me
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

No, I wouldn't stack my absolute favorite names. I love those names so I'd want my children to be called by them. If it's in the middle it feels like a waste. I have a great mn that I have never used and no one outside of my family even knows what it is.

For example, Tallulah Lotus is a nice name that stacks my top 2 faves but she can only go by one. Most people don't use their mn so Lotus will fade into the background. I love Lotus but she's not Lotus, she's Tallulah. Or if she prefers her mn, then she won't use Tallulah. Now, I don't have a Tallulah because she identifies as Lotus. No matter how many names I pile onto her, I really only get to have a child with one of my faves. I'd rather use one and save the rest for future kids. If I never use it then that's fine because at least I haven't taken away the option

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden