Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Stacking" baby names, in case you don't get to use the name for a later child

My husband and I are TTC, and I am going through a ton of naming ideas (don't know if will have a girl or boy obviously), but if we have a girl for instance, I'm feeling compelled to "stack" all my favorite names (first name, two middle names), but what if we have another girl down the road and I want to use one of those middle names as a first...does anyone else struggle with this?

For instance, if I had two girls, I would love to name them:

Lively Elisabeth
    Valentina Eve

But if I only have one girl (which I might, who knows?) I could name her Lively Valentina Eve or Lively Valentina Elisabeth, etc!

Maybe I can just hope for girl twins, ha ha!
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

I've never thought about this, but now that you bring it up, you have a good point... I don't have any favourite girls names right now, but what if I fall in love with two names one day? Hmm... I'll have to think some more about this.
    Emilia • Bronwen • Anthea • Piper • Helena
    Artemis • Beatrice • Delilah • Genevieve • Lillian • Matilda • Ophelia • Penelope • Rosamund • Willow
    Stanley • Arthur • Henry • Caspian • Dexter
    Edmund • Forest • Jasper • Julian • Luca • Maxen • Oscar • Sebastian • Thomas • Winston

Is that Lively, as in 'An action movie presents a lively entertainment option.'?

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    Is that Lively, as in 'An action movie presents a lively entertainment option.'?
    Ha ha, no My great grandmother was named Olivia, nn "Liv" - and Lively hits the nn requirements, and feels like a virtue name (love virtue names) without being too heavy handed (like Mercy, Charity etc); because a kid can have a lively imagination, lively eyes, or lively personality, so it works for me
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

No, I wouldn't stack my absolute favorite names. I love those names so I'd want my children to be called by them. If it's in the middle it feels like a waste. I have a great mn that I have never used and no one outside of my family even knows what it is.

For example, Tallulah Lotus is a nice name that stacks my top 2 faves but she can only go by one. Most people don't use their mn so Lotus will fade into the background. I love Lotus but she's not Lotus, she's Tallulah. Or if she prefers her mn, then she won't use Tallulah. Now, I don't have a Tallulah because she identifies as Lotus. No matter how many names I pile onto her, I really only get to have a child with one of my faves. I'd rather use one and save the rest for future kids. If I never use it then that's fine because at least I haven't taken away the option

Shea * Jade * Azure * Fox * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden