Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What are your thoughts for #3?

Expecting 3rd in a few weeks. We do not know the gender. Struggling to find names we love that go well with our kids names, last name and hopefully have family significance like our first two kiddos. Opinions, suggestions appreciated!!

Our oldest two are:
    Jackson Bennett (nn Jack) and Neva Ellen (pronounced NEE-va, nn Nell/Nellie)

Our last name is 3 syllables and ends in -ry

Some names on our "short list"

Girls:
    Genevieve
    Alice
    Elise
    Charlotte
    Georgia
    Claire

Boys:
    Henry
    Spencer
    Connor
    Theo

Genevieve - Great name, but too similar in feel to Neva, for me. Neva could be a nickname of Genevieve. Too close, I think!
    Alice - Cute.
    Elise - I guess it's because I've heard this so much as a middle name, it's kind of ... zzz to me now. But I do think it's nice.
    Charlotte - Like, especially for you. Jackson, Neva & Charlotte really works.
    Georgia - Like it.
    Claire - See "Elise" but I do think Jackson, Neva & Claire is nice.

Boys:
    Henry - Love this name. Jackson, Neva & Henry sounds the best to me!!
    Spencer - Not this one. Just a negative, preppy-mean-guy association so wouldn't use unless there was a family connection/meaning.
    Connor - Just not as interesting to me as your other choices. I don't know why but I think of it as a "1990's" name.
    Theo - Gaining popularity but not anywhere near that of Jackson so I doubt this will bother you.

With Jackson (Jack) and Neva (Nell), I like Alice, Charlotte, Claire, Henry, Spencer, and Theo best (although depending on your last name, Claire and Henry might not flow well). I agree that Genevieve is problematic because of the similarity to Neva. What about Vivian, Viveca, or Violet instead?

I can definitely see your points about Genevieve being too similar (sigh)

My fav boys' name is Henry, but I can't decide if the flow is ok with our last name, which also ends in -ry (rhymes with 'salary' Thoughts??

Thanks so much for your feedback!

I think Henry might be too much of a rhyme with your last name. What about David, Thomas, Joseph, Callum, Michael, Marcus, Lucas/Luke, Elliot, Kenneth, Samuel, or Owen instead? Some other girl possibilities: Gloria, Gwendolyn, Gwenyth, Margot, Aurora, Cora, and Rosalind.