Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I think I finally found a name that was too "out there" for me....

There are plenty of names that are too "out there", but I have never seen most of them in use, so they don't really cross my mind that often. Like, as much as I love Snapdragon for a boy, I know that it has very little real world usability, so it doesn't even make the top 20. That being said, my daughter has a new little friend in her play group named Earthchild (apparently her mn is Antonia). I do think it is quite lovely, however it feels too out there even for me. I have met two other people with "child" names in my life, both are now adults who love their names (Honeychild is in her 50s and Moonchild is 31).

It's interesting to see people have "weirder" name tastes than me.
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; August 18th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Celandine Ceridwen, Nettle Chiyo, Pennyroyal Matilda, Dandelion Jane
    Fox Atticus, Huckleberry Ivan, Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Thistle Dorian

Crushes: Myfanwy, Merewen, Ferelith, Heliotrope
    Angus, Jules, Bear, Larkspur, Blue, Robin

http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/

Hahaha oh dear. Reminds me of two twins I met once named Longtrail and Shorttrail. Simply awful.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I think "Earthchild" would be a rather interesting nickname, but never never never as a given name!

By the way, I think Rosemint is perfectly useable. Certainly a little "strange," but it is nowhere near over-the-top! Rosaminta is an accepted name, and Rosemint is basically the same thing, just a bit simpler.

Larkspur would also be rather interesting.

Also, looking at your Boys names....it is rather funny. I know siblings named Aurelia (girl) and Ambrose (boy). You know of the saint? Aurelias Ambrosias (or something like that).
    Nissa -- Elsa -- Rauha -- Karolina/Karoliina -- Melina -- Lucia -- Saoirse -- Dagny -- Rosemary -- Lydia -- Grace/Gracia -- Teresa -- Eleanora -- Kirsten "Kirsi"

Einar -- Bjorn -- Ragnar -- Leif -- Pavel "Pasha" -- Soren -- Ruben -- Finn -- Alarik -- Felix -- Daniel -- Brooks -- Dmitri "Dima" -- Kristoffer "Risto" -- Elessar -- Illarion

I just recently saw a birth annoucement for a little boy named "Eagleboy". I'm with you, I like some weird names, but sometimes they're too much.

Also, commenting on your guilty pleasure list, I know a little girl named Larkspur. She's Larkspur Anastasia and her brothers Peregrine Tempest. Her mother has asperger's (it's an austism spectrum disorder and they don't tend to have very well developed social skills or understanding). She calls her nothing but Larkspur and insists others do too. She's the second person I've met with this disorder and I read a book by John Elder Robinson who has it and he named his son Cubby.

So...kind of went off track there, but yea. Earthchild is strange but I do think Larkspur works ^_^
    Last edited by dantea; August 18th, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I wonder if Earthchild's parents just wanted to ensure mere mortals like us that although they were "strange beings", their issue was an earthling and wasn't a "mutant being" from another planet. Ok, so just call her Antonia then and I'll believe you!
    All the best,
    Mischa.