Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lavender, Lilac, Violet

I love the name Violet, but, it's a little too much alliteration with our last name (V!k0ry).

So, I was thinking, what about other names like Lilac and Lavender?
    What is it about these names that make them less popular than Violet right now?
    Which one do you like most and why?
    Or do you dislike all of them?

Lila is a family name for us, so Lilac could be a fun twist on it?

What are your thoughts?

Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

I personally love alliteration names, so Violet V!k)ry sounds great to me. If it is too much for your and your SO, then I love both Lilac and Lavender. I love the subtle nod to Lila, by naming your daughter Lilac. I also love Lavender, but sometimes I have a hard time picturing an actual child named Lavender..

Other names that are similar to Violet, Lilac, and Lavender:
    Jewel
    Ruby
    Hazel
    Marigold
    Pearl

You could also go with Lila, straight to the source.

I like Lilac nn Lila with your last name and the family meaning.
    It's a fun and beautiful nature name, more interesting and versatile then Violet. Not sure why Lilac is less popular then Violet.

Love Lavender as a mn only - too difficult to make up a nn for it and too posh in full for my liking.

Violet is cute and used by celebrities so may be the reason why it is popular. I think that Lavender is cute but I just can't see it ageing well in the fn spot. If you've been put off Violet then I'd suggest Lilac due to the family link and the colour plus it's feminine sound. Other ideas linked to purple are:
    Maeve (Like Mauve)
    Orchid
    Pearl
    Eminence
    Magenta
    Amethyst
    Fuchsia
    Cherry
    Last edited by hanbow; August 24th, 2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks everyone! I'm personally not put off by Violet V!k0ry, I still think it's cute. It would be either Violet Elaine V. or Violet Elena V. (probably Elena)
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo