Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Help Me Combine These Different Styles

I have three very distinct naming styles, which is making it hard to make a list of favourites. On one hand, I like popular, shorter, vintage names {think Alice, Violet, Clara, Florence, Matilda, Arthur, Stanley, Dexter, Thomas}, on another I like more out-there names {e.g Ceridwen, Tempest, Ophélie/a, Éowyn, Lúthien, Faramir, Emrys, Evander, Orion}, and on another I like longer, more regal/elegant sounding names {Rosamund, Adelaide, Benedict}.

Due to personal preferences, I don't like sibling set combinations that crossover each set, just because each style has a specific imagery {the vintage names make me think of the book-worm type, dressed in lace or knitted sweaters, my out-there names induce images of faeries and wizards and free-spirits, and my elegant names remind me of Georgian/Edwardian era aristocrats}. These styles just don't mesh well together to me. This imagery is really strong to me.. If it helps, I imagine that my children would be studious and bookworm-types, but hopefully with a little free-spirited creativity in them.

So I was wondering if you can think of any names that blend together these styles without each one being too specifically attached to the imagery? I'd rather the names were unpopular but recognisable {so no Stanleys or Arthurs, but no Faramonds or Emryses either}. I know it's a lot to ask, so I'll take literally any suggestions that you have. And I'm not looking for the "normal first name + unusual middle name" formula, because I'm just not in love with any of the popular names. And I'm just looking for first names, my middle names will honour.

I'm in the UK, by the way, so these names may not seem popular to those who aren't here, but they are to me.

Thank you!