Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I agree with Mischa. I like Leilani, mostly because of her lovely meaning. To be honest Laarni, Layarni, Layani, or Leiarni is a lot more confusing and mouthful for me.

Leilani Sienna is so pretty, hope you choose that one.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I agree that Leilani is no more of a mouthful than Layani, they're still both three syllables. Out of all of the names you mentioned, Leilani is by far my favorite. I really, really strongly dislike Leiani, Leiarni, and Laarni. If you do choose to invent something, Layani and Layarni look the best, but still aren't very pleasant looking or sounding to me. What about Leila, Laila, or Layla? It's a real name that means "night" in Arabic, and was the name of a main character in a series of romantic poems that became popular in Arabia and Persia.
    Last edited by leahmarie512; August 24th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

Out of the spellings you've suggested, I would choose Layani, as I think this is the simplest way to get to the pronounciation you want. However you probably won't find much support for creative spellings on this site!

One name that sounds similar to Layani is Leonie (Lee-oh-nee), which is still unusual and very pretty.

Alternatively, Leiarna could be substituted for Leona (Le-oh-na), Liana/Lianna or Leana/Leanna (Lee-ah-na).
    Girl Names: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boy Names: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx

I would keep Leilani but come up with an easier nickname.
    Lily, Laney/Lani, Leila.
    I agree as the alliteration is not for everyone.

What about Noelani? It's pretty similar.

and btw berries are name purists so this would be the wrong place to be asking for the best spelling variations or alternations of a name.

I was also going to suggest Leonie; if you pronounce it as LAY-oh-nee it gets very close to what you were looking for.

But I agree no reason not to just use Leilani; don't much around with the spelling.