Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tragic ladies

Tragic ladies

Guinevere, Isolde, Cleopatra, Juliet, Gwenllian....they all are beautiful but oh so sad. I cannot separate the sad history from the lovely names. Do you love them because they are tragic or because of the legends? I was just wondering what makes these names appeal to so many berries.

I mainly love the sound...It's meaningful to have a legend, maybe tragic fate but not cruel or evil so no Medea(sadly) or something.

Tragier the better for me . I wouldnt love Juliet or Isolde so much if they didnt have the history behind . As pp said i wouldnt name my baby Medea with such a bad story but why not Ophelia ?
    "And so, being young and dipt in folly. I fell in love with melancholy,."
    - Edgar Allan Poe

Belle, 20
    ❤︎ Maurice, the kitten
    Favorites for a kitten: Chester & Eloise.
    Favorites for a child {atm): Henry, Gabriel, Gideon & Edith, Lucy, June.

For me, how a namesake lived matters much more than how they died. So, I'm not a fan of Juliet because she was kind of obnoxious, but I'd absolutely use Antigone or Gwenllian because they were awesome, regardless of tragic circumstances.
    g w e n

Viola Mireille Sancia Blue Cosima Vale Cleo Iphigenia
    Dash Apollo Madoc Orion Balian Ross Kieran August

Cameron Alastor Wilde ⋆ Mars Auberon ⋆ Aril Cassius Jett
    Willow Alianora ⋆ Coraline Isilmë ⋆ Elodie Aurora Sanan ⋆ Celia Belle
    v o t e

Geeknamezyo that makes so much sense. What did Gwenllian do? When I researched her it looked like she was I imprisoned in a convent from her early childhood until she died.