Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tragic ladies

Tragic ladies

Guinevere, Isolde, Cleopatra, Juliet, Gwenllian....they all are beautiful but oh so sad. I cannot separate the sad history from the lovely names. Do you love them because they are tragic or because of the legends? I was just wondering what makes these names appeal to so many berries.

I mainly love the sound...It's meaningful to have a legend, maybe tragic fate but not cruel or evil so no Medea(sadly) or something.

Tragier the better for me . I wouldnt love Juliet or Isolde so much if they didnt have the history behind . As pp said i wouldnt name my baby Medea with such a bad story but why not Ophelia ?

'These violent delights, have violent ends..'

Crushes for today:
    Agatha Loveday - Sybil Evenstar - Georgiana Jane - Ophelia Wish - Virginia Winsome.
    Alexander Valour - Severin Foxglove.

For me, how a namesake lived matters much more than how they died. So, I'm not a fan of Juliet because she was kind of obnoxious, but I'd absolutely use Antigone or Gwenllian because they were awesome, regardless of tragic circumstances.
    g w e n

Viola ❀ Beatrix ❀ Celia ❀ Fionnuala ❀ Ismay ❀ Ofelia
    Finn ✴ August ✴ Kieran ✴ Emrys ✴ Prosper ✴ Zeke

combos + radar
    Emmett Orlando ○ Zephyr Julian ○ Dash Apollo ○ Elyan ○ Alastor ○ Madoc
    Cosima Vale ○ Cleo Iphigenia ○ Esme Leocadia ○ Sancia ○ Perdita ○ Maxine

Geeknamezyo that makes so much sense. What did Gwenllian do? When I researched her it looked like she was I imprisoned in a convent from her early childhood until she died.