Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tragic ladies

Tragic ladies

Guinevere, Isolde, Cleopatra, Juliet, Gwenllian....they all are beautiful but oh so sad. I cannot separate the sad history from the lovely names. Do you love them because they are tragic or because of the legends? I was just wondering what makes these names appeal to so many berries.

I mainly love the sound...It's meaningful to have a legend, maybe tragic fate but not cruel or evil so no Medea(sadly) or something.

Tragier the better for me . I wouldnt love Juliet or Isolde so much if they didnt have the history behind . As pp said i wouldnt name my baby Medea with such a bad story but why not Ophelia ?

" She is a mess of gorgeous chaos & you can see it in her eyes "

Calista ~ Cassandra ~ Pandora ~ Persephone ~ Elektra
    Hades ~ Prometheus ~ Lykon ~ Orpheus ~ Orestis

For me, how a namesake lived matters much more than how they died. So, I'm not a fan of Juliet because she was kind of obnoxious, but I'd absolutely use Antigone or Gwenllian because they were awesome, regardless of tragic circumstances.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Geeknamezyo that makes so much sense. What did Gwenllian do? When I researched her it looked like she was I imprisoned in a convent from her early childhood until she died.