Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Esmeray?

Quote Originally Posted by zozo83 View Post
    It definitely made me think of twilight, and although not 'made-up' it does have that sound to me. I like the suggestion of Esmerelda, but think Esme on it's own is gorgeous.
    This, especially the bolded part!
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I immediately thought of Twilight (probably because I'm mildly dyslexic and read "Renesme"). I get what you're going for, but personally am not a fan of the name.

I did immediately think of Twilight, but it was to say to myself, "I wish *THAT* was what they had named her!"
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Twilight has ruined so many names for me. Its so disheartening. I was so excited about this name, but I don't want people thinking I named my daughter after a fictional vampire baby. Especially when I think renesmee was a mess of a name.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

Twilight 100%. It could have a beautiful history, but it's not a well-known one. But the Twilight connection is super well known. It also makes me think of Desiree & Esme or Esmeralda. Sound-wise I don't love it. If you love it, go for it. But if you want a rare, long, exotic & flowing, I think there are better choices without low brow pop culture connections.