Results 1 to 5 of 8
August 24th, 2013 02:03 AM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
Rank My Names w/ Reasons if PossibleNYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future journalist.
Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Clara, Della, Eleanora, Emmeline, Flora, Harper, Isadora, Josephine, Kate, Lillia, Lily, Mara, May, Violetta, Zara
Archer, Bryce, Charles/Charlie, Graham, Wyatt
Violetta Jane|Della May|Emmeline Violet|Stella Jade|Mara Vivian|Flora Dixie|Zara Delphine
Wyatt Joseph|Bryce Greyson|Will Tate|Nate Charles
August 24th, 2013 02:15 AM #3
1. Calla 5/10: it's okay, but I prefer it as a nickname (e.g. for Calliope).
2. Arabella 8/10: really pretty, but perhaps a little too frilly for me. LOVE the nn Bella, however.
3. Emmeline 9/10: love this name, best when pronounced Emm-uh-LEEN
4. Hazel 9/10: funky and vintage, I love it
5. Jane 6/10: a bit meh for me
6. Clara 8.5/10: love it, especially after the character in Heidi
7. Eleanora 9/10: can never decide if I prefer Eleanor or Eleanora but I love them both. I love how easy it is to get Nora out of Eleanora though.
8. Pryscilla 4/10: would definitely prefer Priscilla but still not a fan of the associations (Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and Priscilla Presley). I love that she's a character in Anne of Green Gables though.
9. Lily 7/10: pretty but too popular at the moment. Love the flower though. I'm considering Lily as a second name (Genevieve Lily)
10. Charlotte 7/10: see above to Lily! Love the nn Lottie
11. Annabel 8/10: really like it but my sister has claimed it! :P
12. Josephine 8.5/10: love this name and the nn Josie, but unfortunately I have a negative association with the name (a girl from high school)
13. Verity 6/10: I love the meaning and everything, but for some reason I'm not really on board with 'V' names and I don't know why! (Also another negative association with this one)
14. Anneliese 7/10: have considered this name for a while, and this is my favourite spelling, but there are SO MANY possible spellings! I like the nn Annie too; although I prefer Anastasia for that.
15. Isadora 8/10: considered this too! Love the nn Izzy, but the Isadora Duncan reference is a bit sad
16. Alice 9/10: this is 100% going to be a mn for first daughter. LOVE Alice in Wonderland. I hesitate to use it as a fn only because of its popularity.
17. Estella 8/10: pretty, and love the reference to Great Expectations. Stella is a pretty nn too. Not quite my style, but I still really really like it.
18. Zora 4/10: not on board I'm afraid. However, Zara would get 9/10 from me. Isn't it strange how one letter makes a difference? I love Zara!
You have beautiful taste! Good luck
August 24th, 2013 02:33 AM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
We have different taste...I like the first 4 of these as middle names, though. I'm neutral on most of them, and the last few are a bit prissy or unpleasant in the case of Hazel.
August 24th, 2013 02:53 AM #7
From favourite to least favourite:
1. Charlotte: My favourite from your list. I love this name so much!
2. Clara: Very pretty, a lovely name.
3. Jane: Jane Eyre & Jane Austen, I love them both.
4. Josephine: I love Jo March in Little Women, as you can see I'm a classic novel fanatic.
5. Alice: Yes, there is Alice in Wonderland, but my favourite Alice is Alice Munro from Last of the Mohicans.
6. Hazel: "Hazel Grace." When I hear the name Hazel is makes me smile, (here goes the book rambling again) man I loved The Fault in Our Stars!
The next few are ones that I like, but don't love. In order:
And these ones I'm not too fond of:
18. PryscillaJude, blackbird.
\//\\/ spring cleaning \//\\/
August 24th, 2013 06:55 AM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013