Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How do you pronounce Cassius?

Just wondering... in my head, it's always been cass-ee-us, but I've heard the pn CASH-us, and also with an emphasis on the middle syllable, cah-SEE-us (neither of them in actual usage, I've never met a Cassius).

What is the actual Shakespearean pn? Julius Ceasar was never a favourite of mine.

As a side point, what do you think of it as an actual name? It's really growing on me and I love the nn Cas, but when I say it aloud, it just feels like too much name; I think it's the repetitive S sound. Opinions? I don't know if I like it as much as Caspian/Casimir.
    Jemima Rosemary - Eilidh Briar - Fenella Beatrix ✿ Alec Huw - Emmett Nicholas - Rufus Caspian
    Billie, Magdalena, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Agnes, Imogen, Amelia, Medora, Lettice, Annabella.
    Dylan, Breccan, Rhett, Oscar, Ingram, Harrison, William, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton.

✿✿✿

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/

Before Muhammed Ali changed his name, I believe most people pronounced it CASH-us.

In my head, it was always cass-ee-us, too, but I've always been corrected as it being cash-us. I like the cass- pronunciation, not a huge fan of the cash-. The cash- pronunciation just reminds me of Muhammad Ali. I like it, but I feel like I'd be pronouncing it "wrong" with the cass- prn., and I'm not a fan of the other. I prefer Casimir, Caspian and Castiel for that reason.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

CASH-us. That's how I pronounce it and how I remember it from "Julius Caesar."

I don't dislike it, but I can't say I particularly like it either.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

I say cass-ee-us like you.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan