Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How do you pronounce Cassius?

Just wondering... in my head, it's always been cass-ee-us, but I've heard the pn CASH-us, and also with an emphasis on the middle syllable, cah-SEE-us (neither of them in actual usage, I've never met a Cassius).

What is the actual Shakespearean pn? Julius Ceasar was never a favourite of mine.

As a side point, what do you think of it as an actual name? It's really growing on me and I love the nn Cas, but when I say it aloud, it just feels like too much name; I think it's the repetitive S sound. Opinions? I don't know if I like it as much as Caspian/Casimir.

much love and i are waiting for you;
    Rosemary Oona Blythe (Romy) & Sibyl Damaris Lily (Billie)
    Alba Honey & Raphaela Nuala & Annabel Briar & Maud Amelia & Iseabal Fay

Emmett John Cosmo
    Wilbur Jack & Rufus Alec & Edgar Nicholas & Wilfred Lysander & Sylvan Baez

*combos always changing & favourites rotate; see my extensive lists here.

turkish gps;
    Damla Florence & Iskender Owen

[olivia, nineteen, filmmaker & future mama / i live in england with a fluffy black cat, shura]

Before Muhammed Ali changed his name, I believe most people pronounced it CASH-us.

In my head, it was always cass-ee-us, too, but I've always been corrected as it being cash-us. I like the cass- pronunciation, not a huge fan of the cash-. The cash- pronunciation just reminds me of Muhammad Ali. I like it, but I feel like I'd be pronouncing it "wrong" with the cass- prn., and I'm not a fan of the other. I prefer Casimir, Caspian and Castiel for that reason.
    Amedeo Ariel Dmitri Enjolras
    Artemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania

CASH-us. That's how I pronounce it and how I remember it from "Julius Caesar."

I don't dislike it, but I can't say I particularly like it either.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent, Clark, Euan, Thaddeus, Eli or Elias, Wesley, Peter, Nathaniel
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra, Saige, Catherine, Yvette, Viviana, Romilly, Martha, Gillian, Grace

I say cass-ee-us like you.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan