Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Avalon?

Avalon?

Honest opinions very welcome.

I like place names and this name is a double place name (both literary and real). The actual Avalon is in California, which has a special place in my heart. I can also appreciate that it has mythical significance with King Arthur and is a part of the Celtic mythology.

This name really caught my attention as it is the name of an album by one of my favorite artists (Anthony Green - Avalon... but if you had to listen to one song I'd youtube Lullaby).

I figure Avalon mightn't be too harsh a name as it could ride the coattails of the Ava craze... Thereby giving my daughter a popular nn option should she like popular names or also the option of a less popular nn Loni should she appreciate unique names.

So what do you think of Avalon?
    If you dislike it I'm fine with that and I'd rather hear an honest answer now than later.
    Last edited by giinkies; August 24th, 2013 at 12:58 AM.

I love Avalon. I love the mythology behind it and I love the sound. It's cool that you have music and a real life place that connects personally to you. That makes it even better for you. Avalon has a few nicknames, Ava (if she likes popular names), Loni (if she doesn't or is tomboyish), Von (again if she's tomboyish), Vana (Sort of s aweet, sexy thing), Ava (ah-va if she wants to be different but close to popular) and so on.

Anyway, it's a beautiful, versatile name. I love it.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I actually am quite fond of it. I think it has that on-trend sound without being too trendy and/or common. Actually, I saw this name recently on a girl when we had our high school swim finals earlier this year. I say go for it!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Vana as a nn.... I love it! Didn't think of that. I can also appreciate Von.

Thanks and I agree... this may be the ideal time frame to name my child Avalon

I love Avalon! I don't think it's too out-there these days, but it's still fairly rare. I'd love to meet a little Avalon!
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova