Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Thanks ladies!
    These are all such good ideas!
    @vec1013 : Blessings your way in ttc!
    @lineska : haha That's too funny. I can't wait to see the reactions of my parents
    @wy2 : I love all the little things on Etsy!
    @cvdutch31 : I'm so sorry for your lost but congrats on your little girl.

Ugh, I didn't. She found a paper I got from the free clinic I went to confirming my pregnancy. I WAS going to tell her though!
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

So I have nothing to add to this thread, as we're not yet TTC, but I just wanted to say that giving your parents your favorite children's book with a little note to "grandma and grandpa" from the baby is the most adorable idea ever! I'm definitely keeping it in mind for when our time comes.

We did it via cake. We visited our parents on separate days and made sure to arrive around a mealtime (lunch for one, dinner the other) and told our parents that we would pick up dessert. On our way into town, we picked up one of those plain top cakes from Wal-Mart and had them write the due date on it in icing. We kept it in the plastic bag until after we'd eaten, then brought it out. With both sets of parents, there was a moment of confusion, until we said, "We're expecting a delivery around that time". Then there was a lot of screaming, jumping around and hugging.

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    We did it via cake. We visited our parents on separate days and made sure to arrive around a mealtime (lunch for one, dinner the other) and told our parents that we would pick up dessert. On our way into town, we picked up one of those plain top cakes from Wal-Mart and had them write the due date on it in icing. We kept it in the plastic bag until after we'd eaten, then brought it out. With both sets of parents, there was a moment of confusion, until we said, "We're expecting a delivery around that time". Then there was a lot of screaming, jumping around and hugging.
    I have thought about that but forgot about till you said this! That is a great idea! If we can get his parents to come for Thanksgiving that would be perfect for them. Thanks!