Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bed Rest Mom-Still can't come up with name!

I've been on hospitalized bed rest for 10 days now waiting the birth of my daughter any minute (hoping she holds tight for another 6 weeks). Needless to say I have had tons of time to think about names, but I am still struggling. People keep saying "you'll know when she's born" but we are expecting a premie (28 weeks if born today-34 weeks if born at the longest they'll let me go) and I'm worried that I won't have that "moment" with her being hooked up on tubes and hauled off to the NICU.

Background:
    -This is our first child but if we have a boy at some point we are set on the name 'Beau"
    -Our last name is pronounced "Gussy" (rhymes with Fussy)

Top Names:
    -Harper Gussy - my concern is that Harper is so trendy right now
    -Lacey Gussy - too rhymey?
    -Lyla or Lila - which way would you spell? I am leaning towards Lyla to make it easier (I'm more for easy pronunciation than unique)
    -Adrianna Gussy -- love this, but it seems like an Italian first name with a rather cowboy last name. Does it flow?
    -Teagan Gussy
    -Sierra - this would go with my nieces also city names, Viennah and Savannah
    -Leighton / Layton

I like Lacey, Lila, Adrianna and Sierra. Leighton is nice one too.
    Ludwig Beowulf Percival Raphael Orpheus Sylvan Clement Gilbert Thorin Gaspar Amaury Godfrey Peregrine Arthur Wesley Edmund Caspar Roscoe Emil Leon Robin Oberon Darcy Tristan Magnus Lucius Orlando Maximilian Erik
    Ottilie Melody Cecily Rosamund Seraphina Sunniva Charlotte Melisende Sonnet Heloise Melusina Amoret Bridget Freya Cressida Celestine Nimue Novella Gwenllian Avalon Beatrice Bradamante Marigold Eliska Aurora Cvita Elysia Helena Astraea Dorothea Rosaline Emilia Saskia

I really like Harper, Lila, and Adrianna. Lila being my favorite
    Mommy to Carter James born 09.03.2013

-------Favorites------------------

Girls : Elsbeth Noelle, Carys Juliet, Melody Violet, Valentina Camille, Lila Gabrielle
    Boys: Ethan Paul, Landon Cole, Carter James, Jude Issac, Noah Vincent

I like Harper, Lila (this spelling seems to look nicer to me) and Sierra is my favourite.

Sierra Gussy sounds beautiful and as you said she'd fit in well!

Sierra is my absolute favorite. Of the other names I like Teagan, Leighton and Lyla. Adorable names.
    My future ladies:
    Lý, Matilda, Lydia, Píl, Elsa, Anja, Lovisa, Flykra, Annalisa, Elisabeth & Ró

My future gentlemen:
    Ravnur, Oskar, Ùlvur & Linus