Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OT...Doctor Who

Oh Firefly. I already love Firefly. Seen it all, watched Serenity... After a few other, more personal tattoos, I'm getting "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar" on my right calf to go with "Not all those who wander are lost" which is on my left.

I'm really interested to see the Tudors. I love Johnathan Rhys Meyers and I'm a pretty big history nerd too so I know I'll be bothered by some stuff, but as long as the plots interesting enough, I can keep watching. Doctor Who made me cry today with episode 8 season 1 "Fathers Day". Too many feels. I know it has terrible science that really couldn't work, but I'm loving it anyway. ^_^

And I've been keeping a list. I've seen some of the suggested shows, but yea, lots of stuff to watch!
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    I know it has terrible science that really couldn't work, but I'm loving it anyway. ^_^
    O_o It's sci-fi... As in Science Fiction. If it was one hundred percent realistic then it'd be a modern day drama and no one would be travelling through space and time
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

For some reason, and it certainly wasn't Jonathan Rhys-Meyers whom I adore, I couldn't deal with the Tudors. Drove me nuts. As well as the inacuracies of Game of Thrones... I need to be further away from the books to start that one.

I just started watching The White Queen on Starz... we really like it. It's feels a lot like Pilars of the Earth, but with a longer hold.

Battlestar Galactica... swoon. Loved this show. Loved the characters the most. I miss this show. A lot.
    Firefly and Serenity were also delicious.
    Supernatural is dark... and delicious.
    True Blood - the books are so fantastic. But I let a few years go by, and we caught up on True Blood, and it really is an amazing show. Just dark and gritty and outstanding. Just veered in a completely different direction that the books after season 1.

I think if you enjoy the fun of Doctor Who... have you tried the Syfy channel's Eureka and Haven? I've rewatched all of Eureka recently (it's available on Netflix Livestream), and my hubby and I spent the weekend watching season 1 of Haven since we couldn't remember all the details. Also, fantastic.

I finished Series 7.2 yesterday of Doctor Who. Not my favorite series by far... it seemed so disjointed and to not tied together. The Name of the Doctor was a great episode, but did it really go with the others in the series? Or more importantly, since it was so good, did the other build up to it? Not in my opinion.
    (But OMG, how I love River Song. and how I miss Billie Piper!)

I think I might start Sherlock over lunch. I kind of fell a little in love with Bennedict Cumberbatch while watching Star Trek into Darkness this weekend.
    Last edited by grecianern; August 26th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

I've been curious about Sherlock. And when Eureka was on, I didn't have the ability to watch it but I've always been really interested in watching it, same with Fringe and Once Upon A Time.

I've never heard of Haven. What is it?
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I love Doctor Who. The episodes Forest of the Dead and Vincent and the Doctor always make me cry.
    Sherlock is great and it doesn't take too long to watch. I've been meaning to get into Supernatural, but it's so many seasons I keep putting it off.
    Pushing Daisies is a great show when you just want something light, charming, and clever. Warning- it will make you hungry for pie.
    I'm going to recommend Orphan Black, even though I haven't watched it yet, because I've had tons of people recommend it to me and it's next on my list.