Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OT...Doctor Who

I've not seen any of those. I'm going to need to watch that one with tom Hiddleston...that man *swoon*. The Tudors may be dire, but it has Johnathan Rhys Meyers so I'll give it a go. I'll make a list and watch them as I can. I don't do a lot during the day right now and there's nothing on TV over here. Sigh, I just need to move to England. If only someone would tell me what it's like living there and how expensive it is and the like. My friend was in London for some months and she loved it.

Maybe one of you lovely English ladies could send me a message and tell me all about the English country side and the money it takes to live there >.>
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I will do that, Angel!

And Tom Hiddleston is delicious. Husband's even got a crush on him !
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Any other shows I need to watch since I found a site to do it on? I'm already queuing up Game of Thrones and Tudors.
    My favorite shows:

American Horror Story- each season is stand alone, so if you don't like one "horror story", try another. They use the same actors, and the acting is superb. The stories can get sort of OTT and messy, but they have actors that give me the chills they're so good.

Battlestar Galactica- a bit older, it's been done for a few years. Some of the best sci-fi has to offer IMO. Sometimes sci-fi gets so bogged down with the techy side, it forgets about the human side. Not BSG. This is about people.

Buffy- Joss Whedon. You may have seen this already, I think you've mentioned you're a fan. I love this show more than I should. I'm nuts about it. Two of the best episodes I've ever seen on any show ever (The Body and Once More, With Feeling).

Dead Like Me- Bryan Fuller is amazing. This is strange and very sad (it's about a dead girl), while still having a dry sense of humor.

Desperate Housewives- Pure guilty pleasure. It's melodrama at its best, with lots of funny bits and goofy mysteries. I refused to watch this for years because it looked so ridiculous, but I caught a few episodes once when I was sick and ended up watching it all.

Fringe- science fiction. It starts off as a modern X-Files, and then branches off into some very cool story lines and even better characters. The relationship between the main guy and his father was pure magic. So real.

Hannibal- Bryan Fuller. Can you tell I'm a fan? This is the prequel stories of Hannibal Lecter. Gorgeous, weird and spooky.

Lost Girl- this is a bit silly. Similar to Buffy. It doesn't take itself too seriously. It's fairies and magic rather than vamps and demons. Lots of really cool names are used for the characters. Isabeau, Hale, Trick, Aoife, Tamsin, etc.

Once Upon A Time- Charming, magical, very family friendly safe, but enjoyable. It makes me feel like a little girl. I usually have a grin on my face while watching.

Pushing Daisies- quirky, colorful, fun. It's about a pie maker who can bring people back to life. This should never have been canceled. It's Bryan Fuller again (yes, yes, I know I have a problem), who seems to have bad luck. I love his creations.

Supernatural- Two demon hunting brothers. Oh the fantasies I've had about these boys. It's rock-n-roll, guns, fast cars and sexy demon hunters. Seasons 1-5 were great. One long, twisting, story arch with a big payoff. S6-S7 got messy, they didn't seem to know where to go next. The end of the last season ended in a way that gives me hope for the future though.

The Walking Dead- I watch this because I love zombies, and I love the comic. I always feel like this is on the verge of being great. It's hard to judge something when you love a different version of it so much more.

The X-Files- oldie but goodie. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Veronica Mars- I helped fund the movie! Hopefully it pays off. It's about a teenage detective, but she's so witty and badass. It feels very Buffy-like, but it has its feet firmly planted in the real world.

Game of Thrones and Doctor Who would also be on this list, but you're already on that.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Polaris Fae ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Khione Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Firefly. I think it might even be better than Doctor Who.
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

I'm just jumping into the conversation here to say that New!Who got me through my freshman year of college and I loved it until Moffat took over and was given free reign. And I loved "The Girl in the Fireplace" (why is it so bad?). Then again, it was the first full episode I ever watched. But Nine is my favorite, which is why I'm so sad that CE has distanced himself from the role.

Strangely enough, I just finished watching the pilot episode of the Tudors, and I'm historically nerdy enough to call BS on a couple of things, but it's actually pretty entertaining. But this is coming from someone who loves historical fiction and doesn't freak out too much over historical inaccuracies, since it's nearly impossible to make a work in a live-action medium 100% accurate (the dental prosthetic budget alone would be immense).

I also second the suggestions of Angel and Firefly. Joss Whedon is fantastic with funny, witty dialogue.