Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OT...Doctor Who

[FONT=Times New Roman]Uh-oh! Enjoy the ride. We're big huge fans in this house. We both started early in series/season 2, and then had to watch from the beginning because it was so awesome. We've watched almost all of Doctor Who now, except for some of the very early years, and had to upgrade our cable package to include BBCA so we could watch new episodes. There are some episodes that make my lip start to quiver just thinking about them. Yes, a lot of it is corny and rather silly (it reminds me a lot of Buffy, my all time favorite show), but I enjoy every second. If you've managed to avoid spoilers up till now, I strongly suggest not going on any of the fan-sites so you can remain unspoiled. Hopefully you can get caught up in time for the 50th Anniversary Special. And there's the Christmas episode which has become a Christmas tradition with us. Blankets and hot chocolate in the living room while we watch the Christmas episode. Squee! I can't wait. [/FONT]
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    ...even though it was sort of weird effects and came off as sort of low quality...
    You have to remember that, firstly, DW is a kids show so it's supposed to be a bit silly And secondly, when it started they had an extremely limited budget and I think did very well with what they had to work with. Unlike the states, the BBC doesn't throw money at something until it's proved itself. You should see the pilot episode of Sherlock compared to the finished first episode.

But yes, the writing (bar a few god-awful Moff episodes, Girl in the Fireplace springs to mind, so so bad) is top notch and the acting is wonderful. BP and CE and BP and DT... I completely believe everything they say and do.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    There are some episodes that make my lip start to quiver just thinking about them.
    Oh yes. I've decided now there are some I can never watch again because it hurts too much. I don't even know if I can go on watching three again. I'm still hurting over watching one and two again.

Also! Dantea, don't forget to watch the Christmas episodes, they're important and may not be included in the series list.
    Last edited by renrose; August 24th, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

The second episode was much better than the first, and so on. I told Cody I think they just made a weird first episode to see who was really going to stick around. I'm really liking it. The dialogue is great and I already loved Billie Piper so that was a plus for me. Ah you Brits...you have such better TV.

Any other shows I need to watch since I found a site to do it on? I'm already queuing up Game of Thrones and Tudors.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I used to love Doctor Who. Haven't watched it in ages, but the first couple of seasons were good.

Angel; I love these:
    The Borgias
    The Hollow Crown (the "Henriad" by Shakespeare, Tom Hiddleston, Ben Whishaw and Jeremy Irons)
    Camelot (mini series)
    Merlin (might not be that good, but I love it)
    Sherlock
    Robin Hood (2006)
    True Blood
    Once Upon a Time
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I used to love Doctor Who. Haven't watched it in ages, but the first couple of seasons were good.
    I'm right on the cusp of stopping watching. I'm going to see if Moffat improves writing for Peter Capaldi and, if he doesn't, I'll be done.

I'd also recommend Merlin, a bit silly but still good.

My friend and I are so sad that they're cancelling 'Game of Popes' (what we call The Borgias)

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Tudors.
    I've heard Tudors is a bit dire and full of historical inaccuracies.

Have you seen Parade's End? It was a mini series on at the start of this year. Also, Broadchurch, an ITV mini series.
    Last edited by renrose; August 24th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.