Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Apollo?

Do you like it? I like it better than Ares...

My Husband would name kiddo "Frank Castle" if he could...but I don't like it at all...

I like Apollo. I like Ares too. I like Apollo a bit better though. I think Apollo is fresh and cool and usable for a myth name. Then again, I am Greek and know people named Apollo, so I guess it depends. I don't know if a lot of people associated it with Apollo Ohno, but that's one of the things I think of. I think you'd have to be daring to use it, but it wouldn't too out there.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Alina | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Margo | Milena | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I love Apollo. It's so sweeping and strong, and it's quite usable as far as mythology names go. It's a bit more daring than other choices, but still accessible, and might make a great middle paired with a more traditional first (think Benjamin Apollo or Joseph Apollo).

Don't name your kid Frank Castle. That's the Punisher's name. I'd be willing to see a little Wade Wilson before a little Frank Castle. Deadpool at least has a sense of humor.

lol at Hermione up there. I agree about Deadpool :P

Anyway, I love Apollo. He's my husbands god and that makes me like the name a lot more than I usually would. I like it better than Ares and think it's more usable. Ares a violent god, murder and bloodshed and war and all. Apollo has plague, but he also has light, music, poetry and fortune telling so it balances it out.

I think Apolo Ono makes it more usable to the average person. It's not too much with names like Milo, Hugo and other sound a like names that are popular.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Since I saw Apollo Ohno on dancing with the stars, I fell in love with that name. But just a few months ago one of my friends named their pitbull Apollo, and it really upset me.