Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Caspar vs Caspian

Caspar vs Caspian.... DH has his preference and I have mine. Which do you prefer and why?

We had our NT scan and it certainly looks like this little one is a boy! We won't know for sure until our next sonogram in about 5 weeks but since we have 2 girls, I'm going to have fun concentrating on boys names for now.

Oooh, I'm so torn! On the one hand, I LOVE Caspian, and 98% of that is probably because of Narnia. But on the other hand, I'm not gutsy enough to use it up front. I would be more likely to use Caspar up front, and I LOVE it, and its connection to Christmas, but I don't love it quite so much as Caspian (ironic, huh?). I think I like Caspar better with your girls, but Vitalia, Laurel, and Caspian is perfect (in fact, it might actually go better stylistically than Caspar!), as well.

Out of curiosity, which is your preference?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

@ash, you crack me up! My preference is Caspar, though I love them both. Caspian doesn't feel as rooted for me. It's only appeared in the last 10 years or so really as a name people use. My fear there is it sounds a bit trendy and may jump (probably not crazy high, but still) in popularity. While Caspar has been used for ages, sparsely, and holding steady in that range. When I see the graph and the line shoots straight up for popularity for Caspian it sends a red flag. Even though its still a rare name. If that makes sense...

My pick is Caspian. Caspar reminds me of Casper the ghost. History and popularity of a name don't matter to me.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

Caspian. One is a prince, the other is a ghost. No contest.