Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do we feel about...

Zane Alexander Caspian?

I posted about Zane a wee bit earlier, and after letting things ruminate, Alexander and Caspian seemed to float to the top of the list. I adore the associations with both--Alexander the Great; Alexander, the son of Simon of Cyrene (the man who bore Jesus' cross when He could no longer physically bear it); Prince Caspian (I've dreamed of a Narnian baby!); the Caspian Sea... So it makes sense to combine them both into Zane Alexander Caspian/Zane Caspian Alexander (I prefer the former), but I'm still not sure about it. I feel like I LOVE Zane Alexander and Zane Caspian as they are, but somehow, when they're put together, Zane Alexander Caspian loses the charm that both combos had individually. WDYT? Is Zane Alexander Caspian a winner? The more I think about it, the more I love it, but I'm still not sure. (For what it's worth, my back-ups were Zane Fielding, Zane Dominic, Zane Conrad, Zane Philip, Zane Frederick, and Zane Leopold...)

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I feel like I LOVE Zane Alexander and Zane Caspian as they are, but somehow, when they're put together, Zane Alexander Caspian loses the charm that both combos had individually.
    I think I agree with this. Zane Alexander is really strong, and Zane Caspian is really strong, but Zane Alexander Caspian seems to trail off, for me. I think it's because Caspian feels tacked on at the end. I don't know how to explain it, but this doesn't happen for me when I reverse the middles. I feel like Zane Caspian Alexander is just as strong as the individual combos.

Maybe it's because Alexander is the "predictable" middle name, since it's more common? So you feel like you're "finished" with the name when you say Zane Alexander, but when you say Zane Caspian it's more like "Oh, that's interesting! What's next?"

That probably doesn't make any sense, but it's the feeling I get.

For what it's worth, I like Zane Alexander Caspian more than any of your alternates. (I also really like the repeated "an" letter combination in all three names! Especially since the letter combo gets a unique sound in each name.)

Quote Originally Posted by dovah View Post
    I think I agree with this. Zane Alexander is really strong, and Zane Caspian is really strong, but Zane Alexander Caspian seems to trail off, for me. I think it's because Caspian feels tacked on at the end.
    Yes, that's exactly how I felt when I first thought of it! I feel like with Zane Caspian Alexander, it just feels backwards and all jumbled up, haha. Zane Alexander Caspian just feels more like my style. And it has really grown on me in the past couple days, so I may just go for it. There were just so many other options I loved with Zane that I'm dragging my feet a little bit (that, and I'm not sure how pleased I am with the Alexander Caspian part. I'm just so picky about Alexander!). That, and Caspian Alexander looks like "Captain Alexander" to me. (And for some reason, that makes me think of that outrageous character from the Dos Equis commercials. ugh.)
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I like it. Alexander and Caspian give Zane a regal feel, but I agree that it does seem to go on longer than it has to. Like dovah said, I think it's because Alexander is such a common middle name. Replacing Alexander with another -ander name - Zane Evander Caspian, Zane Leander Caspian - makes the combo feel more well-rounded (?), so I think it is Alexander's problem.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I like Alexander Caspian without Zane. Admittedly, I don't think I saw your Zane thread, so I don't know the significance behind it; that could make a difference.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???