Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    No kids, but I think I'd die if I didn't find out. I'm a planner, probably the worst. In school/college I would often get essays and they would give us 2 weeks, I'd get it done in 2 days! My senior thesis, I finished a month early! I just could not stand not knowing because I'd want to be able to buy clothes, decorate the nursery, buy toys, etc...
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

We have done it both ways. If it had been up to me, after Sebastian (We did find out) I would have chosen to have suprises with everyone else but DH made the baby so he gets a bit of a say.

From my experience on this topic, people will have an opinion on the sex of your baby. Family members, strangers, neighbors friends. "Oh, I really want/ed you to have a boy/girl and I am sorry/happy you are". One of the major reasons we did not find out the gender with Violet is that we had 2 boys and Bronwen. I *did not* want people to get into Bronwen's head that it was "sad" if she "didn't get a baby sister" (for some reason this was a common theme that people expressed throughout my pregnancy with her....it drove me nuts!) and that another brother was "not as good". People will also get *Really annoyed* if you choose to not find out the gender and either think you are lieing to them or doing it to somehow torture them since "everyone" finds out "these days". Either way, you cannot please everyone and I learned a while ago to not care what people thought about the baby *I* was carrying and would raise, lol.

You can narrow down a name list of course, that is a huge bonus for us name lovers. However, nothing at all beat the wild surprise of seeing Vio for the first time and finding out I had another girl...nothing! So much anticipation...we actually had Bronwen announce the gender (Vio was born at home, so B was present) and it was such a joyful event for everyone! (And had she been a boy, still a very joyful event as in our home we want healthy babies, genders do not matter!) Plus looking at her, figuring out her name (didn't look like any on our list) and her whole first few hours just soaking it all up of who she was...it was glorious to say the least. I had that too with Bronwen, but it was a little different. She was also a "surprise" at birth. Found out with all the boys, just worked out that way. I was happy to know with our first since there were so many unknowns of having a baby that knowing the gender at least helped DH and I to feel somewhat in control of everything.

I am however a huge fan of *not* sharing name ideas or even if you have a 100% set in stone choice as I could go on and on about what I think about doing this...so even if you do have one, do not tell everyone!
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

And I ditto no bonding issues at all with my 2 "surprise" genders....none in the least!
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I always thought I'd want to know, but recently I've been thinking a surprise might be nice. My husband doesn't really mind either way. He's always said he'd like to know, too, but I think he could be persuaded not to! So, I'm thinking we might have a surprise for our first one, but find out for our second. Maybe. We don't need to decide for a while!
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I had two surprises and you can't beat that 'it's a girl!' Moment.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.