Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    We went through the names this evening and we're left with:

Cleopatra Atalanta Yvaine
    Cleopatra Daphne Melusine
    Cleopatra Nerissa Melusine
    Cleopatra Lyonesse Yvaine
    Cleopatra Alcyone Selene

I don't know though... maybe this baby's not meant to be a Cleo. Too difficult...
    Cleopatra Daphne Melusine is beautiful, lovely and gorgeous. I like Nerissa and Lyonesse, but not as much as Cleopatra Daphne Melusine.

They're all beautiful. If Cleo is being difficult, take a break and concentrate on one of your other name loves. For what it's worth, my two favorites are Cleopatra Nerissa Melusine and Cleopatra Alcyone Selene. I love all the slippery S sounds in the middle. Secrets, sea foam, seashells, skipping, soaring, smiling, seduction, ssssss. I like.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Sarah; ah, you see my a's end in that snobby -r sound. So Cleopatra ends in -uhr not -uh which makes A-names doable!

Rhia; I love Alcyone too! It's one of my favouritest names ever! No, not second thoughts, I just thought the middle names would come easier and not feel like a fight. For some reason the names I feel go with Cleo aren't my favourites, just names I like, and that makes me sad. I've got four other back ups though!

Belle; yeah, I like the Lyonesse one too.

Sessha; oooh Cleopatra Selene Atalanta is beautiful! I love this one. Ah, Semiramis. How I love this name! And Miramis is the name of the horse in Mio, My Son by Astrid Lindgren. Husband thinks it's weird though, he doesn't like that it begins with semi. But I'll put it on my trying to convince him list. Cleopatra Semiramis Elbereth is breathtaking! And the Daphne one too (think this would be easier to sell Husband on). As for Hespera, she can go and live with Bee or Immie. No problem! I do agree with you most of the time, you know! <3

Leona; oh, I love Amarantha so much! That she would dishevel her hair... poetry. It's on my middle list for someone else .

Sorceress; the Daphne Melusine one is quite lovely, isn't it?

FeyFey; I think I will take your advice, and focus on the next on the list instead. Give Cleopatra some room to breathe. I do think you sold me on Alcyone Selene there though.

I'm taking Fey's words to my chest and I'll stop thinking about this one for a few days. The ones I'll be mulling over:

Cleopatra Alcyone Selene
    Cleopatra Selene Atalanta
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Semiramis is beautiful! It's one of the most rare "Scandinavian" names you can find - it was a name long before Astrid Lindgren used it in Mio (although not originally Scandinavian, it is considered as being one - but you'll find that with most Scandinavian names). It means Loving doves, which is quite cute!

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post

Cleopatra Alcyone Selene
    Cleopatra Selene Atalanta
    You know my opinion: my favorite is Cleopatra Daphne Melusine. But Selene Atalanta is nice one too, just not as pretty as Cleopatra Daphne Melusine.