Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cassia......what category would you put it in?

Hi all,
    We are currently loving Cassia Primrose.

We will pronounce it Cass ee ah without a doubt as I really dislike the pronounciation Cash ah as it sounds trashy (Ke$ha springs to mind).

However, I am a firm longtime lover of names with a vintage feel such as Beatrix, Florence, Iris and the like. Cassia does not fit this category, which is unusual for me. So I want to get a feel for what people's perception of the name is, what category would you put it in???

Looking forward to reading your responses! Thanks in advance.

Oh, I love Cassia. The Cassia I know is about 10, and her sisters are Miriam, Irene, Edith and Seraphima. I also know a Cassiani. I think of it fitting with both the vintage names and the Greek names--I could see a Cassia with Beatrix and Iris, or with Athena and Theodora.

Actually, Cassia does fit into that category. Its a nature name, meaning cinnamon. Cassia trees or bushes produce yellow flowers, that produce a spice that can substitute for cinnamon. So, its along the same lines as Iris to me. Nature-y and it has a vintage feel, like Beatrix. Its a beautiful name. Cassia Primrose is a very pretty and botanical sounding name.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

Oh wow, you are using all the right words for me...vintage, Greek, naturey/botanical.

To me it's exotic-familiar, with both naturey and princessy-vibes... along the lines of Mattea, Keliah, Bianca, Seraphine, Asha.

I've never been a huge fan, but Cassia Primrose really is lovely.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)