Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cassia......what category would you put it in?

Hi all,
    We are currently loving Cassia Primrose.

We will pronounce it Cass ee ah without a doubt as I really dislike the pronounciation Cash ah as it sounds trashy (Ke$ha springs to mind).

However, I am a firm longtime lover of names with a vintage feel such as Beatrix, Florence, Iris and the like. Cassia does not fit this category, which is unusual for me. So I want to get a feel for what people's perception of the name is, what category would you put it in???

Looking forward to reading your responses! Thanks in advance.

Oh, I love Cassia. The Cassia I know is about 10, and her sisters are Miriam, Irene, Edith and Seraphima. I also know a Cassiani. I think of it fitting with both the vintage names and the Greek names--I could see a Cassia with Beatrix and Iris, or with Athena and Theodora.

Actually, Cassia does fit into that category. Its a nature name, meaning cinnamon. Cassia trees or bushes produce yellow flowers, that produce a spice that can substitute for cinnamon. So, its along the same lines as Iris to me. Nature-y and it has a vintage feel, like Beatrix. Its a beautiful name. Cassia Primrose is a very pretty and botanical sounding name.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

Oh wow, you are using all the right words for me...vintage, Greek, naturey/botanical.

To me it's exotic-familiar, with both naturey and princessy-vibes... along the lines of Mattea, Keliah, Bianca, Seraphine, Asha.

I've never been a huge fan, but Cassia Primrose really is lovely.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus - Emmett - Amadeus - Wilfrid - Eoghan - Huw
    Estella - Oona - Jemima - Eilidh - Effy- Billie

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)