Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This or That?

Red face This or That?

A simple this or that. I can't make up my mind which one I like the best, so feel free to add personal impression, association, any other thoughts etc.

Louisa or Louise
    Amelia, Emilia or Amelie
    Alexandra, Alexa or Alexia
    Mama to Edward ('02), Adelaide ('05), Isaac ('06), Oliver ('10), twins Sebastian & Eleanor ('11) and Felix ('14)

Louisa because there's less of the wheeze sound that I hate
    Emilia because its prettier and less common but I prefer the spelling Emelia.
    Alexa purely because its prettier but my favourite Alex name is Alexandria.
    Hope I helped,
    Ellie xx
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

My choices would be:

Louisa - I think the "a" ending makes it more feminine and less old-fashioned. Louise always makes me think of Thelma and Louise.
    Amelie - I do like Amelia a lot, but it is getting popular. I'm never sure if I'm saying Emilia correctly.
    Alexandra - I prefer this classic name over newer Alexa and Alexia.

If you're asking for my favourite of the group, I'm torn between Louisa and Alexandra, but I think I'd say Louisa as it's not very common.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Louisa vs Louise - Louise. Sounds simpler and prettier to me.
    Amelia vs Emilia vs Amelie - I'd have preferred Emily over them all, honestly. But if choosing between this three, I pick Amelie. Emilia is a boom name in my area and I am pretty tired of it (p,us it sounds unbelievably horrid with typical for my country last names and patronymics, I can't understand why to this to a child - think Emilia Petrovna Ivanova) and Amelie is more charming than Amelia.
    Alexandra vs Alexa vs Alexia - Alexandra. Alexa sounds like boys name with -a, weird feminization to my ears(a la Adama or Davida) and Alexia, if I am not mistaken, is a medical term.