Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you have a Clara and Sarah in the same family?

Just follow me, for a moment if you don't mind... really just throwing this out there. LOVE Clara... and seriously considered it... almost chose it, then thought; wait, we have a Sarah.. Sarah is 2, so they would be relatively close in age. I was talking to my sister yesterday, and we were just talking names... she has a very different style than me, but we were throwing out names we loved and I mentioned Clara... she says "why didn't you use it?" "It sounds so like you, and the girls"... and I said "It's too close to Sarah" she says "that's ridiculous; it is a separate name, who cares if they sound a bit a like"... hmmm, I thought a bit a like? She went on to tell me how she knows several families with children who have similar sounding names (Kellen and Callen was one example (at that point I just didn't want to be rude, LOL!)...Then I pointed out that our Sophie's name is Sophie-Claire... umm, isn't that also a wee bit close? Again she said I am obsessive, and it is a separate name, LOL! SO, thought I would pose the question to my fellow berries! Can you have a Sarah and Clara in the same family?
    It would look like this:
    Maggie, Jonah, Kelsey-Rose, Emma, Mary-Elizabeth, Levi, Isaiah, Sophie, Sarah, Serena and Clara??
    Thanks
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I think as long as you say it 'KLAH-ra' it's not too bad.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Yeah, I do think they are rather similar, but if you pronounce them CLAH-ra and SAIR-ah so they don't rhyme, I think you could do it.

I love Clara, btw.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Upon discussing this with my ever so wise 7 yo, Mary-Elizabeth she says "mom, Caroline sounds much better than Clara" LOL!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I think they are rather similar. I'm not sure I could do it. I get confused with all the A names in my house, and
    none of them sound alike.

What about using Claire? Or using it for a middle name?

I do like it, I just think it would
    be somewhat confusing for you and for the girls.
    Last edited by escg33k; August 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 AM.