Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you have a Clara and Sarah in the same family?

Just follow me, for a moment if you don't mind... really just throwing this out there. LOVE Clara... and seriously considered it... almost chose it, then thought; wait, we have a Sarah.. Sarah is 2, so they would be relatively close in age. I was talking to my sister yesterday, and we were just talking names... she has a very different style than me, but we were throwing out names we loved and I mentioned Clara... she says "why didn't you use it?" "It sounds so like you, and the girls"... and I said "It's too close to Sarah" she says "that's ridiculous; it is a separate name, who cares if they sound a bit a like"... hmmm, I thought a bit a like? She went on to tell me how she knows several families with children who have similar sounding names (Kellen and Callen was one example (at that point I just didn't want to be rude, LOL!)...Then I pointed out that our Sophie's name is Sophie-Claire... umm, isn't that also a wee bit close? Again she said I am obsessive, and it is a separate name, LOL! SO, thought I would pose the question to my fellow berries! Can you have a Sarah and Clara in the same family?
    It would look like this:
    Maggie, Jonah, Kelsey-Rose, Emma, Mary-Elizabeth, Levi, Isaiah, Sophie, Sarah, Serena and Clara??
    Thanks
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I think as long as you say it 'KLAH-ra' it's not too bad.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Yeah, I do think they are rather similar, but if you pronounce them CLAH-ra and SAIR-ah so they don't rhyme, I think you could do it.

I love Clara, btw.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Upon discussing this with my ever so wise 7 yo, Mary-Elizabeth she says "mom, Caroline sounds much better than Clara" LOL!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I think they are rather similar. I'm not sure I could do it. I get confused with all the A names in my house, and
    none of them sound alike.

What about using Claire? Or using it for a middle name?

I do like it, I just think it would
    be somewhat confusing for you and for the girls.
    Last edited by escg33k; August 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 AM.