Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ellen

17 23.29%
  • Nora

56 76.71%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which name if baby is a girl?

My husband and I are expecting our fourth child in December. We saw the doctor earlier this week, but the baby wasn't cooperative, and so we do not know the gender yet. Hopefully the little one will be more sociable at our next visit. Until then, I'm looking for both a boy and a girl name.

We have the fist name narrowed down to two (no ideas for a middle name yet). If this baby is a girl she will either be Ellen or Nora. Last name is 2 syllables and starts with a "C".

Siblings are Lily, Alice, and Sarah (who goes by Sadie most of the time).

Which name seems to fit best?
    Last edited by eecamp; August 22nd, 2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: typo
    Mother to Lily, Alice & Sarah/Sadie
    Expecting #4 in December: Looking for names

I think Nora both fits the other girls names better and is the prettier name as well.
    PREGNANT with our first!!!

My name is Caroline, BeatrixDaisy is just a name I like!

My favorite names:
    Emilia, Beatrix, Juliette, Chloe, Madeline, Audrey, Emerson, Alaina, Felicity, Coralie, Alessandra, Katherine, Lucy, Luna
    Holden, Noah, Nathaniel, Caleb, Cameron, Adam, Calvin, Travis, Ronan, Hudson, James, Paul, Peter, Mason, Troy

I voted for Nora. If you do Ellen I prefer the Elin spelling.
    Teenage Name Lover with a unhealthy addiction to LOTR

Kitty | Adele | Rose
    Benedict | Percy | Asa

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I forgot to mention that my name is Erin. I asked family and friends if they thought Ellen and Erin were too close, but everyone said it was fine.

Is Ellen too close to Erin? Husband wants to use the nickname "Ellie" for Ellen, so it might not be a problem at all.
    Mother to Lily, Alice & Sarah/Sadie
    Expecting #4 in December: Looking for names

Eleanora seems to be a great way to combine both ellen and nora into a legit name and and still get the cute nn nora.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|