Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I do sometimes wish people could be bothered to at least check the popularity of a name. I have friends who think Emma/Olivia/Sophia/Avery are "so unique" and then get upset when they meet a ton of other girls named that. Or if someone they know uses "their" name they act like they were the first person to ever think of using that name and that the other person "stole it" :roll:

Also every girl i know under the age of 4 has either Rose or Grace for a middle name, and while they're lovely names, they're so overdone that it becomes boring.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Oh, wow. I can imagine this exact conversation taking place fifty years ago -- over a baby named Jennifer.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Times just change and it can be hard to keep up sometimes.

On another note I love the name Sophia Rose! It's beautiful.

Edit: And I think I just proved my point of it being hard to keep up I guess. I just read the previous comment. While I know a few girls with the middle name of Grace I haven't heard of even 1 girl with the middle name of Rose (but I don't get out much) so I thought Rose was a great middle name for Sophia to make it a little more unique with Sophia being uber popular.

Hehe.
    Last edited by wickedjr89; August 24th, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Just a 24 y/o writer in love with names.
    My favorites list is at http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/48927

Interesting! This reminded me of my cousin who named her baby Sophia, before she had her baby she kept on telling everyone that the name she had chosen was an 'old, uncommon, Italian name' lol. I was so excited I thought she was going to be named something really uncommon and refreshing. All my cousins have used super popular names, William, Chloe, Emma, etc, then when she announced the name when she had the baby I was so disappointed :/ . At the baby shower my mom actually guessed the name to be Sophia [she has no idea on popularity either} and three of the women at are table said they had considered that name for their daughters! I wonder if I would showed her the SSA popularity charts if she would have chosen something different??

Just goes to show how caught up in nameberry/names I can be, I sometimes forgot that most people are not obsessed like I am!
    || Andrea || 23 || name obsessed ||
    Dahlia Juliette // Cassia Ondine // Elysia Celeste // Giselle Ariadne // Thalia Eve // Iris Aurelia // Theia Melisande/Seraphine // Leta Fleur // Azalea Camille // Veda Naomi // Milena Tess
    Alexander Atlas // Lucian Matteo // Caius Sebastian // Valentino Gabriel 'Valo' // Julian Fox // Orion Thomas // Leo Hadrian //

You mean...not everyone is obsessed with names?

No!

Lol, they are just missing out on all the fun!
    Just a 24 y/o writer in love with names.
    My favorites list is at http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/48927

My mums in her 40's and finds Alice an old lady name, even though its one of her best friends names. Its one of my favourites two. She also was really confused by a friends Lexi Rose (she thought it should be Alexia), Cleo Rayne and an Isla.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com