Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    This made my day

i saw how can they do that to a baby because it is so popular. be a lil flexible and creative!

feel like a lot of times people follow the crowd and because they've heard a pretty name a lot it just makes it acceptable to use without putting in a lot of effort or going out of ones comfort zone.

it is pretty though.
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

LOL, totally understand. My parents and aunts and uncles are in their 60s and 70s. They cannot understand the popularity 'old people' names like Charlotte and Oliver. Since these were the names of the adults when they were little they think they're atrocious on today's babies.

One day we were in the store and a lady called out "Rose!" and a toddler came running over. Mom thought it was awful. On another occasion a lady called out "Patricia!" and a teen came walking over. Again, Mom was astonished. When I ask my mom what types of names she thinks are appropriate, her response is 'names like Kylie and Britney'. No, Mom, no!

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post
    LOL, totally understand. My parents and aunts and uncles are in their 60s and 70s. They cannot understand the popularity 'old people' names like Charlotte and Oliver. Since these were the names of the adults when they were little they think they're atrocious on today's babies.
    Yep. Also, I think it's pretty common for older people who aren't around children much anymore, if at all, to not know what names are "in".
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post

One day we were in the store and a lady called out "Rose!" and a toddler came running over. Mom thought it was awful. On another occasion a lady called out "Patricia!" and a teen came walking over. Again, Mom was astonished. When I ask my mom what types of names she thinks are appropriate, her response is 'names like Kylie and Britney'. No, Mom, no!
    My mother is in her mid-50s, and while she's pretty levelheaded about naming, she is always baffled when I tell her Charlotte is pretty popular and that I really like it because she insists, "It's such an old name!" Maybe it's because I'm only in my 20s, but names like Charlotte, Sophia, and Vivian were never "old lady names" to me; they were just very pretty and somewhat unusual because they were so underused.