Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Mattison

Honestly with Morgan and Allison, I prefer Mattison to Matilda. The flow is a bit off with two ending in -son but I think that issue pales in comparison to the intent to honor your DH brother. Also, Morgan, Allie, and Mattie flow well and that is what you you will be calling them most often.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

No, Mattison means "son of Maud". Changing the spelling to accommodate honoring a Matthew doesn't change the meaning. Even if it did change the meaning, the meaning would be "son of Matthew", NOT "gift from God".

I'd rather see a given name of Mattie or Matty than a given name of Mattison for a girl. Mattie sounds nice with your girls. Quite honestly, I don't like the fact that Allison and Mattison end the same.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Honestly with Morgan and Allison, I prefer Mattison to Matilda. The flow is a bit off with two ending in -son but I think that issue pales in comparison to the intent to honor your DH brother. Also, Morgan, Allie, and Mattie flow well and that is what you you will be calling them most often.

I agree with this, very much so. Almost exactly what I was going to type.

I don't worry too much about meanings, there are a lot of -son girl names,
    and while I don't have a daughter ending in -son, it wouldn't have bothered me to have used one.
    Allison, Madison, Addison, etc. Just my opinion.
    Good luck, hun!

I LOVE Mattison! It's been on my list for the past two babies, but DH vetoed it due to the Madison correlation. I've loved the nn Mattie for years, since Oprah had that amazing kid Mattie Stepanek on.
    Soon to be mama of FIVE ... first baby GIRL due Christmas 2013
    Mom to Ryan Parker, Cameron Troy, Mason Spencer & Graydan Gene