Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mattison

Quote Originally Posted by raechel View Post
    I know the -son ending means "son of" but it seems like that rule of thumb isn't followed so closely these days. He's found it on a few websites where it says its a female version of Matthew.
    People finding false information like the second sentence create issues like the first sentence
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

What are your other girls names? If they are very feminine and/ or traditional, then Mattison will really standout as different. A Mattison with sisters Elizabeth and Isabelle is very different than Mattison with sisters Piper and Sloane.

Also, if you love Mattie why not name her that or a hyphenated version of that? Mattie-Rose, Mattie-Jane, etc.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I'm afraid I've still not come to terms with people using "-son" names on girls. I mean, of course at the end of the day it's your choice but as for my opinion I don't like it.

Just another note : Mattison makes me think of Carrie Mathison in Homeland. For me that's a good thing because I like her character, so it does redeem the name a bit in my eyes But it's just something to be aware of, I mean I understand if not everyone likes her, she is mentally unbalanced and has her own set of morals.

We have two unisex names for our other girls Morgan and Allison. Who goes by Allie. I know Mattison doesn't sound great as a sibling set but she won't be the odd one out with a masculine name. I think the meaning is the most important thing. We will give her a girly middle name and if she hates it she can go by that. I've never seen homeland although its high on my list thanks everyone for your advice. I was half expecting a lynch mob for my name choice. I also love that Matthew/Mattison means gift from god since she was quite the surprise baby

In response to some comments
    Not having another baby so there will be no sons to give this name,( dear god isn't 3 girls enough)
    And most of the Matt girl names except for Matilda and Matea are harder to pronounce.
    I've not given up on a change to Matilda. We will see.