Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattison

I know the -son ending means "son of" but it seems like that rule of thumb isn't followed so closely these days. My parents named me Raechel. Note the extra e and I survived it. So if it gets confused with Madison I'm not too upset. If it makes my husband happy... I named the first two girls... He's found it on a few websites where it says its a female version of Matthew.

I'm struggling with it here

I like the name Mattison, though I've only heard it used as a last name so far.
    I agree it sounds like Madison, but I do not think that is a bad thing as it may make it easier for others to accept the name. i.e. That the name is so similar in sound to a popular name that might make the name easier accepted.

Not a fan of Mattea (at all) but I can see the connection with Matilda.
    I find Matilda to be an old person name... but people seem to like the 'vintage' nowadays and it seems to be making a comeback.

Meh... go with Mattison if it makes him happy.
    Especially as you named the first 2 girls.
    I prefer to have each adult alternate naming children as I have a very particular naming style and I'd rather name one child a name I loved than end up with 2 names we agree on but I may not love or connect with as much.

Normally I would really dislike a name like this but given the significance and that your husband doesn't like any other variations of Matthew then I think you should use it.
    Andie - John, Thomas, Isla, Freya, Marigold and expecting #6 in June

It's different for sure and honestly if it wasn't my kid I might side eye it a bit BUT said out loud I like the sound. I like the nickname Mattie and I LOVE significance of the name. I think the last piece trumps my reservations.