Alma
    Avery nn ava
    Anastasia
    Aurora nn rory
    Aurelia
    Astoria nn story
    Astrid
    Aspen

I love Alice. Alivia is ok but does look like Olivia misspelled. Maren is a very cute mn. Some other options are:

Maris
    Moira
    Mhairi
    Miriam
    Mara
    Last edited by rhiatayler; August 21st, 2013 at 11:56 PM.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

As someone who wanted to change her name from Olivia to Alivia long ago, I'm really glad I stuck with Olivia. In my opinion, its much more beautiful, both in sound and in spelling. Having an O as the first letter of my name is something I'm proud of now, as its unique and different. O's are beautiful.

Alivia is very trendy and I'm glad I can be called Olive instead of Allie. Liv and Livi are also nicknames that I've used all my life, and they fit me to a tee. Its energetic and full of life, sunshiney and always smiling. I'm glad my mom chose this name for me, as it suits me very well. It has its Shakespearean roots connected to the olive branch, which is a symbol of peace. My career path is Journalism with a background of Humanities, and I'm making my way to become a human right's activist; I want to bring peace to peoples' lives. Its funny how things like that work out. I am my name.

I'm grateful to be an Olivia.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Alivia is a misspelled Olivia - dont make your child go through life correcting people and hearing 'did you say Olivia' - i have a correctly spelled name but its a name that rhymes and sounds like lots of other names so trust me ITS NOT FUN, IT NEVER GETS LESS BOTHERSOME.

for Maren try variations like Marian, small changes can transform a name but keep the same feel

if the grandmother hated being named Alice, dont use it. try variations & similar sounds like Allison or Elsie
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

I'm just going to suggest Aliya.
    that way you keep the 'Al' and have a 'y'... it is the less popular and more refined spelling of 'Aaliyah'

or even Alicia (al-ee-see-ah or ah-lee-sha).
    Which is a good compromise between Alivia and Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by escg33k View Post
    Maren would be strictly for middle name only. If we used Alice nn would be Ally and Libby for Alivia probably.. I appeciate you trying to help thank you hun!
    You are welcome! This is not always easy but I hope you are having fun.
    I like some PP suggestions to consider Marian, especially with a middle name so it will sound much better with Alice. Or, alternately, Allison Maren. That is pretty and flows well.