Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Ah made me smile :') I'm glad I helped and didn't annoy. lol

Aliyah (or Alaia, as I prefer) is such a beautiful sounding name. But it does sound too much like Amaya.

And I agree, finding a name that can have the nickname as Ali would definitely honor Alice.

Alanis- Ali can be the nickname, and the fact that it ends in -is almost makes it sound like Alice. In fact, take out the a & n, and you get Alis. Its beautiful and mysterious. Amaya, Ayden, Aubrey, Ainsley, and Alanis? I think it looks great, in my opinion.

Nameberry says its from Alan and means "handsome, cheerful", but this site says its a form of Allena and means "precious, awakening".
    Last edited by liviajoan; August 23rd, 2013 at 01:10 AM.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Love Alivia! And Alice Marie-Claire, Alice Marie-Louise, or Marie-Clementine or any Alice Marie-___ (any name you like). That way you still get something you chose in there.

Quote Originally Posted by liviajoan View Post
    Ah made me smile :') I'm glad I helped and didn't annoy. lol

Aliyah (or Alaia, as I prefer) is such a beautiful sounding name. But it does sound too much like Amaya.

And I agree, finding a name that can have the nickname as Ali would definitely honor Alice.

Alanis- Ali can be the nickname, and the fact that it ends in -is almost makes it sound like Alice. In fact, take out the a & n, and you get Alis. Its beautiful and mysterious. Amaya, Ayden, Aubrey, Ainsley, and Alanis? I think it looks great, in my opinion.

Nameberry says its from Alan and means "handsome, cheerful", but this site says its a form of Allena and means "precious, awakening".

We talked about this yesterday, my husband and I. I brought that up, as well. But I think I'm just absolutely in love with it now.. The combo, the meaning, everything about it reminds me of her honestly.. especially Grace. You just had to know this woman... but anyway,
    my husband made a great point on the Amaya and Aliyah thing, and that is we don't call Amaya by her full name, unless she's in trouble [lol], and she has nn herself 'Maya.. and it's always stuck for everyone in our family.
    Aliyah would be shorted to Ali, so we would have Maya and Ali, which I think is okay. I mean, when they are grown I'm sure they will use their full names, or possibly even middle names.. but they won't be too worried about it by then I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by dancer402 View Post
    [B][name_f]Alivia[/B][/name_f]: [B][name_f]LOVE[/B][/name_f] [B][name_f]LOVE[/B][/name_f] [B][name_f]LOVE[/B][/name_f] (did i mention I love this one?) I never considered this spelling and I'm mentally adding it to my "favorites" list (thanks!)
    Maren: I'm not a huge fan, but I like it as a middle name.
    Alice: I like this one- it has a vintage feel, but it's not too off the map.

I think Alyssa fits really well with your sibset, and so does Marine for a middle name. Not sure if someone suggested this, but Alyce? Sort of an Alyssa/Alice combo.
    In the end, it should really be up to you and not your family- they'll forget about it when they see that little precious bundle of joy!
    Even though I think we have found something else for our family, Aliyah Grace..
    I'm SO happy that you liked Alivia, and that you
    are saving it to your favorites. That made me smile, thank you!
    Last edited by escg33k; August 23rd, 2013 at 07:44 AM.

Okay.. I do believe our final name is Aliyah Grace..
    Our boys' name is Asher Ellis [Ellis was my grandpa's name]...
    You all have helped me so so much.. I really appreciate it!

I have learned a lot of different things about the name Alivia,
    and while I still like it a lot, it's just not the name for us for a few reasons.
    So thank you to everyone who has left comments and replied on here
    for all the insight and opinions! You have made my choice so much more clear!