Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Boe or Bowe

Quote Originally Posted by mommyatx View Post
    When I read your title I thought "Ooops, someone doesn't know how to spell Beau". Totally non-judgmental, but that may be someones first impression.

ETA: I like the name Beau!
    Yeah, no offense, but I totally thought the same reading the title.

As far as I know, Beau and Bo are the only "accepted" spellings of the name.

Other suggestions for full names:
    Beauregard
    Beaumont
    Broderick
    Brody
    Bowen
    Bodhi
    Booker
    Boston
    Bolton
    Brogan
    Boone

Oh god, not more kree8tiv misspellings. Beau is spelled Beau. Boe and Bowe are just ridiculous.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Wren or Simon Adler | Alice Violetta or Atlas Dov | Julian 'Jules' River or Juniper 'Joon' Lovelace | Roscoe Fox or Marlowe Fritz | Jane Lucinda or Lucien Wilde | Louisa Valor or Eloise March | Ivan Elliot or Iris Cordelia | August Jack or Jasper Hale | Dashiell Jude or Judah Reeve | Thea Marina or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Finnegan Wallace or Felix Raphael

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

When I read the title I thought the pronunciation you were looking for was "Bowie" so I don't think either of those spellings would be a good idea in your case. Most people are much more familiar with the name Beau and how to pronounce it, but if you want even shorter and more to the point Bo is definitely your best bet. I actually knew a great guy named Bo, so I think it can work very well on a little boy. Good luck! =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Thank you everyone for your insightful suggestions, and advice. Exactly what I was looking for (and why I chose to post here), plus I found some other names that I have added to my list... Bodhi, Bowen, and Bogart.

Beau, or simply Bo. Don't care for Boe, or Bowe.

Other ideas:
    Ty
    Ace