Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A theme <3

I think Aliyah fits really well with your other children's names. I think Alice would stick out. I think Asher is nice but all the other names have a Y in them so if you wanted to continue with that what about Anthony, Austyn, Avery, Ashtyn or Andy?
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

Quote Originally Posted by feberin View Post
    I think Aliyah fits really well with your other children's names. I think Alice would stick out. I think Asher is nice but all the other names have a Y in them so if you wanted to continue with that what about Anthony, Austyn, Avery, Ashtyn or Andy?
    I have thought a lot about Asher, and the non existing Y in the name with my husband since I posted, his middle name would also not end in E like the others do.. but I don't think that's something we really are picky about right now. Like nothing that would be enough to make us change it. Others have brought that up, too on here, and I've thought about it myself a lot. Especially since our girls name fits with both the Y and E theme and A name.
    He brought up a good point, and that was before we had our last two girls, Aubrey and Ainsley, that we had Asher picked out. If either of them would have been a boy, that would have been there name, and we have never changed it. It was just a given when we got pregnant. And we especially love it with the middle name combo, for my grandpa who passed when I was pregnant with my 5 year old daughter. I know that it's somewhat popular on message boards etc, but being from a small town in Oklahoma, it is not popular here.

I really think Alice would stick out, too. I mean, I think it's cute, but it's not our naming style. That's where I thought of Aliyah yesterday, and how the nn would be for us, Ali.. that it would be something for her, without being a name she didn't like when she was alive. Also Grace reminded me of her a lot. I think she'd like it also.
    His grandma raised him too, so we're honoring two very important people in our lives. That's why it's easy to think of ideas, but hard to stick with some, we just want them perfect, if you will.. and want to make family happy as well. It's tough. Let me tell you. :/

OKAY, we have final names, for a boy and girl...
    I 100% appreciate everyone's help. For all the insights,
    and opinions. It made our choices so much more clear,
    which is something that was driving me up the wall for
    months now. [Just a few more weeks until the BIG ultrasound!]

Asher Ellis, and Aliyah Grace.. <3

Thanks again berries, for everything!!
    I'll stick around, and I hope to help some ladies
    as I've been helped! Woo!

I think Aliyah goes better with your other names than Alice both in terms of style and appearence. There's also the Welsh version of Alice, which is Alys - said the same but has the Y in while still being a legitimate spelling of the name.

Other A names with Ys in:

Alyson
    Avery - could use for boy or girl, though with unisex names for two of your girls I think I like it better on a girl for you.
    Ayla
    Aryana/Aryanna (alternative spelling of Arianna)

Aryen (Phonetic spelling of the Dutch boys' name Arjen - ARR-yen)

I think Feberin's covered all the other ones I could think of.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George