Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A theme <3

Question A theme <3

Hello all.. This is my first post here. I've been lurking for awhile trying to get ideas on my own.. but I keep going back and forth so I thought I'd post for opinions and help! :]

I have four children currently, and am due with baby #5 [unknown gender at this time] in February.
    Our current children's names are Amaya [8], Ayden [7], Aubrey [5] and Ainsley [2].
    Since we want to continue the A theme it seems, we are needing ideas for boys and girls that would go with this sibset. Our last name is D _ _ t _ n.

We have a few ideas currently. Asher, for a boy. Alivia [I like, but keep going back and forth!] and Alice for a girl. Alice is a family name.. and we are being pushed to use it. I do like it...However, the lady it is in honor of HATED her name, so I don't know if that's the way I want to honor her. She went by Mary. My middle name, and my mother's is Marie.. so I thought maybe I could honor her AND my mom with the MIDDLE name Maren. What do you think? That is, IF I can ever decide on a first. Alivia Maren is cute, but again, I'm just not 100% on Alivia.

My hormones are driving me crazy and I've been wracking my brain constantly. So much so that it hurts. Lol.

SO, how do YOU think Asher fits with our other children's names.. and what are your opinions on Alivia/Alice? and Maren as a MIDDLE?

Would you use a name to honor someone even if you don't LOVE it, or if the person HATED it?

Any other suggestions for names?

Thank you in advance. Phew..

Welcome to Nameberry. I think Asher fits great with your other kids and I really like Alivia Marie. Others you may like are

Alexa/ Alexis
    Alyssa
    Autumn
    Arianna
    Alanna
    Arielle/ Ariella
    Ava
    Avery
    Anabel
    Annika
    Addison
    Adriana
    Aaliyah
    Amerie
    Amalia
    Athena
    Mommy to Carter James born 09.03.2013

-------Favorites------------------

Girls : Elsbeth Noelle, Carys Juliet, Melody Violet, Valentina Camille, Lila Gabrielle
    Boys: Ethan Paul, Landon Cole, Carter James, Jude Issac, Noah Vincent

Are Aubrey and Ainsley boys or girls? To me that would make a difference on the girls' name front, but I think Asher works for a boy regardless.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    Are Aubrey and Ainsley boys or girls? To me that would make a difference on the girls' name front, but I think Asher works for a boy regardless.
    Both are girls :]
    Full names are Amaya Nicole, Ayden Wayne, Aubrey Paige, and Ainsley Danae.

Right now possible girls names, as of today..
    Alivia is out, down to Alice as a first, Maren as a middle if I find a good A name to go with it..

AND TODAY, I thought of Aliyah Grace.
    Ali- Would honor husband's grandma.
    Y in first name would be like my other children's names.
    Grace ends in E, which all the other kids' middles names do as well.

Thoughts?

Aliyah sounds better with your children's names than Alice. I prefer Aliyah and I love the nickname Ali.
    Name favorites :

Alana, Scarlett, Alexandria, Annalise, Gianna, Marcella, Kayla, Arabella, Julianna, Anastasia, Jovanna

Cole, William, Samuel, Caleb, Rylan, Roman, Grayson, Jackson, Joseph, Caden, Christian, Joshua